• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

We Helped a Bunny Today

LilVicky

Warren Veteran
So my mum and i were visiting the petshop to pick up our hay he orders for us and there was an older lady buying mixed rabbit food, i was admiring the tan hare :love: when my mum started talking to her about the hay she was buying...

This lady brought her granddaughter a rabbit and its the same old story... the child got bored and now this lady is now taking care of it.

She said she took it to the vets because it had mites and the vet told her not to give hay or straw because its where the mites come from :shock: So i told her the importance of hay and that he needs unlimited access to it, and needs to be changed/topped up throughout the day.

After that conversation ended, the food conversation soon followed. Now she has 1 bag of mix and 1 bag of excel and is going to slowly change the buns diet :D Including having hay!!

She then went on to say that its an indoor rabbit because of foxes that she has seen in the garden, but he keeps spraying the furniture... so we told her about spaying and neutering rabbits and she seemed very happy to hear it would stop the behaviour :lol::lol: We also told her about different indoor housing she can put him in of a night too.

We was talking for quite a while :D

So that little bunny is going to, hopefully now have a better life and a better diet :D

well done, always nice when they take note of any advice and you hopefully helped the bunny a bit as well.
sad the pet shop didn't think to give her any help though. :?

well done

well done for helping this lady out im sure their rabbit would appriate your help as it will have a nice diet and good care

Well done :) That's brilliant :D

I'm always trying at work and it's so annoying when people don't take on your advice. There was one couple on Sunday who we clueless and thought feeding unlimited amounts of muesli was fine. So I told them the importance of hay, stressing it to the limit, but they didn't take on anything I said. I think everything went over their heads :censored:

That's great :D I'm doing work experience in a pet shop so I hope to get the message accross

Back