• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Manure - bunny plants

Don't think I would, but bunny poo is good for plants I think?
I'm sure I read you like mash it up with water and its good for the plants

I mixed my bunny poo in the flower bed over winter and everything is coming up well in there. It just add some extra nutrients to the soil and unlike using horse manure etc I know where it has come from and what is in it :)

Think about it logically. :)

How are most plants/veggies/herbs grown before they end up on your supermarket shelves?

:wave:

I dig horse poo into my allotment, where I grow fruit and veg for my family and bunny. I think big farms that produce food for supermarkets must also use some sort of poo based fertilizer (sp).

I dig horse poo into my allotment, where I grow fruit and veg for my family and bunny. I think big farms that produce food for supermarkets must also use some sort of poo based fertilizer (sp).

Some farms even use sterilized human waste. Yum!

Bunny poop and horse poop is absolutely fine for the buns and for us! :wave:

Would you steer clear from Chicken manure? This is what I see most in shops but should be able to get my hands on some horse manure, and of course bunny poop :lol:

Haven't used it myself, but i would expect it would be fine!

Personally I use my own bunny and horse poop as I know what they eat and that no pesticides/chemical fertilizers are used on their fields/garden.

I would use chicken manure if I knew the source was the same as above!

Yes, of course, it's just the cycle of life :) Even if you don't add manure there is animal poop in the soil anyway!

I use pelleted chicken manure on my veg patch and both I and the bunnies eat from that.

We use bunny manure or kitchen compost on our veg plots which the buns also often have the leaves off of or whatever.

Back