• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

bonding Poll

How long did it take for your bond to be successful or how long till you gave up:

• one week

Votes: 18 85.7%
  • two weeks

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • three weeks

Votes: 1 4.8%
  • one month

Votes: 1 4.8%
  • two months

Votes: 3 14.3%

• Total voters

BinkyBun

Wise Old Thumper
Please can you tell me how long has a bond taken to be successful or how long you tried before giving up.

Kayj has always bonded my buns, think she knows straight away if it will work or not. I personally would never force any buns together!! My Hari and Nell took awhile to properly bond, as in grooming etc, but i would never force it longer than a week.:)

Well I voted for one week, for the first few days Gordon was terrified of Beano and Beano was just curious. There was not agression or anything and after a full day of being together and several other meetings Gordon began to relax and him and Beano became friends but it took about a week for them to be completely comfortable around eachother and grooming/snuggling between the two. They fell in love on christmas day :love:

mines have taken anything from a week to months,

like they can be "bonded" but don't actually settle for a few months :wave:

I gave up about three weeks into Tulip and Tiesto's. I think they remembered their past hormonal life together and couldn't move on from that:(

I am currently just going into month 2. They fought in the beginning due to Pie being overly defensive and then she had a terrible stasis flare-up. They are going up to the rescue May 3rd for the actual final 'bond'.
Sure I had the feeling that they would never be bonded but they get on so well now so know it will be worth it in the end. :)

Kayj has always bonded my buns, think she knows straight away if it will work or not. I personally would never force any buns together!! My Hari and Nell took awhile to properly bond, as in grooming etc, but i would never force it longer than a week.:)

Yeah, Kayj tried to bond my trio for me too! Was a no-go due to the pair having such a strong bond!

It took about two hours to bond the pair tho :lol:

Less than a week.
I got her on the Monday, bonded on the Wednesday and they were completly inseperable by the Sunday

ETA - My first bond took about the same amount of time too. Either I'm a pro or Charlie is super friendly :lol:

Last edited:
Less than a week.
I got her on the Monday, bonded on the Wednesday and they were completly inseperable by the Sunday

ETA - My first bond took about the same amount of time too. Either I'm a pro or Charlie is super friendly :lol:

I think he's just a bit of a man-hussy! ;) :lol: :love: :love:

I have been told I have been very lucky. All my 3 bonds with Sunshine have been instant. Got them from the rescues and did it myself.

Although the very 1st one there was some fur flying. Got my female out straight away and rang the rescue. She offered to do it, but as she was so busy, I tried half and hour later and all was fine.

About 10 days and they had the whole run of the house together!! This was in error, my ex let them ot when they were meant to be in a limited area, I went mad but they were luckily fine!!

Back