• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Why would anyone think this is an appropriate thing to say?

Pebblesetc

Mama Doe
Some :censored::censored::censored: commented on on of my OH's photos of Buckley on facebook "When do you want me to come skin it for you, lol" :evil::evil::evil:

I want to end this person :evil:

Why do people think it's appropriate to say stuff like that, and how sick and twisted would you have to be to find it funny?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

People say things like that all the time.

To me, it isn't worth getting bothered about tbh. When something is clearly a joke, I don't let it bother me :)

(unless someone calls me fat or something)

I dunno, I mentioned to a collague that I'd been up half the night when Sprocket got gas and she shocked me by musing out loud "I must remember they are house rabbits and not for the pot!" :censored: idiot.

I deleted the comment and while I know it was intended as a joke I don't think it's a very funny joke. It's just a stupid, inappropriate thing to say and it never ceases to amaze me how stupid and insensitive the average person is :shock:

Oh I know, people just don't understand... The ammount of times people have joked about making Oscar into a pie :roll:

When I started college a couple of years ago I foolishly mentioned that I had rabbits, and in the first week, completely out of the blue, one of the other girls said to me "Oh it's great that you have rabbits, cos if you were out of food you could just eat them"

Then she wondered why I flipped out.

I just ignore it now, it used to upset me, but now I just think it's a bit sad that this is the most original joke they can come up with. Bet they wouldn't like it if someone said the same about their dog, or cat, or baby though.

hmmm yes

its boring and oh so old isnt it.people think they are so clever saying "he would go well with carrots" or "bit of gravy and some veg would work well with that rabbit" im like "hahaha very funny" :? morons.:evil:

I've got used to it cos my brother always says, "When it dies we can make it into rabbit stew!" I just ignore it though it is hard to at first! :(;)

I'm used to it now :roll:
My dad used to make thooooousands of rabbit stew jokes and then the last time he said it I ignored him until he apologised and promised he would never make a joke like that again! :oops::lol:
But I still get it from everyone else.:roll:

I try and think of witty thing to say back. I really pee'd someone at work off (he apologised first though!) when winnie was took to emergency vet and he said well just buy another there cjheap enough, not good when im worried. So when he mentioned his daughter was ill I said well when I wouldn't worry if she dies you can always make another its easy enough!
My mates at work said to him you said the same thing about her rabbit!
He apologised few days later (I explained that in my eyes a life is a life) and bought my book and donated to the rescue!

I've posted a few links to peta on my FB about animal cruelty etc and had some :censored: say some horrid things. He was swiftly removed along with his comment:evil:

It comes with having bunnies. the first photo I put up of Bella on FB by boss wrote.

" mmmm, nice with roast potatoes,parsnips and lots of gravy"

You have to laugh, its not worth getting upset about.:)

It comes with having bunnies. the first photo I put up of Bella on FB by boss wrote.

" mmmm, nice with roast potatoes,parsnips and lots of gravy"

You have to laugh, its not worth getting upset about.:)

Exactly, I get the same. In fact, I often tell mine that if they don't behave they are going in the oven and on the menu in the hotel :lol:

Yep I've had comments on my fazzy account about the buns making good pie/stew/stirfry etc etc ...... generally just off one particular friend (who always thinks his jokes are hilarious but nobody else does).

I've stopped rising to it now because it bothers him more when I just completely ignore his comment than when I try and have a pop back!

Some people are just complete :censored: !!!

Some :censored::censored::censored: commented on on of my OH's photos of Buckley on facebook "When do you want me to come skin it for you, lol" :evil::evil::evil:

I want to end this person :evil:

Why do people think it's appropriate to say stuff like that, and how sick and twisted would you have to be to find it funny?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

lol they was only messing. ive had people say stuff like rabbit stew and stuff like that i know they never do it.

their just winding u up cause theyve got nothing better to do and plus they get a good reaction to u.

The bit that gets me is that people actually think that they are being funny and that it's the first time we've ever heard such suggestions or comments.

If someone posts on facebook (whether mine or a friends) with something about cooking, then I always just put "yawn" as a comment and it quite often shuts them right up. It's even more effective if you don't know the person :lol:

i often say something like ... ya know what, no one has EVER said that one before :roll:

or ... oo you need to be a bit more original .. go away and have a think ...

make them feel stupid :lol:

I'm a rabbit owner and a vegetarian and no :censored: lets it stop them coming up with the stew/pie jokes :roll:

Back