• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Lola was trying to get onto the one seater sofa and I was worried she would hurt herself, its much safer to get on the three seater sofa as shes got her dog bed and blankets to jump up/down onto.

So I started to reward her with a “clever girl” and lots of snuggles and kisses when she came up onto the sofa the right way. Since then she never tried to get up on the one seater now and no relates clever girl with good things. She also know a lot of commands come here, stay there, no, kiss and paw:love:

Has anyone else taught buns tricks or commands and do they do them once asked?:wave:

My Lola is exactly the same! She's so intelligent! I always tell her daddy she gets it from mummy...aka me! :lol:

Charlie responds to different commands but he ain't clever!
Milly is learning fast.

(Btw Kayleigh I have a voucher on its way to me in the post :lol: )

My Lola is exactly the same! She's so intelligent! I always tell her daddy she gets it from mummy...aka me! :lol:

awww I love your Lola shes gorgeous:love:

my rabbits are extremely intelligent but far from obedient!

Its only Lola and Charlie who are obedient, Delilah and Dougal ignore me:roll::lol:

Charlie responds to different commands but he ain't clever!
Milly is learning fast.

(Btw Kayleigh I have a voucher on its way to me in the post :lol: )

I could imagine Milly just looking at you like...:roll: shes telling me what to do again charlie:roll:! :lol:
Wooooo, I told you:D

aww bless :) Yeah, mischief seems to understand english :lol: He understands; come here, go and see your friends and treat time! ;)

How did Mischief get along today emma?:wave:

Harley is a very intelligent rabbit and is very obedient when it suits him :lol: He'll come if I shout him, jump into his hutch, when I want to pick him up he'll either stand on his back legs or jump onto my knees so I can get him easier, he'll spin around, stand up, give kisses, 'whisper' in my ear, run through tunnels, weave inbetween cones and between my legs, jump over things on command and right now he's being taught to roll his football through a goal. He picks things up very quickly, and often does jumping and even a few agility displays. Me and Harley have a very strong bond, he's in no way 'forced to do tricks'

The rest have all been trained to jump but aren't so obedient. Rory will generally just follow me around anyway. Flash understands the word 'no', apart from that they do their own thing

People really underestimate the intelligence of the rabbit

Last edited:
My two girls are very intelligent. They know their names. With Beatrix, when she is being naughty I just call out her name sternly and she stops.

Mine both know the words "no" and know that when I shout "BUNNYS!" I'm gonna give treats.
Charlie knows his name, and Milly almost fully knows hers.
Charlie also knows the word "Bed" and runs in his pen when I say it.

No.

But mine have trained me really well - as soon as i hear the scrabbling at the back door, i know i'm in trouble!! :lol:

Buckley understands "Breakfast" and "Hay"... Whenever I say "Hay" she runs over and tries to grab me through her playpen :shock:

She also understands when we tell her something's dangerous (we pat the ground when she's about to do something potentially dangerous and she stops and comes back to us for a nuzzle)

Lola was trying to get onto the one seater sofa and I was worried she would hurt herself, its much safer to get on the three seater sofa as shes got her dog bed and blankets to jump up/down onto.

So I started to reward her with a “clever girl” and lots of snuggles and kisses when she came up onto the sofa the right way. Since then she never tried to get up on the one seater now and no relates clever girl with good things. She also know a lot of commands come here, stay there, no, kiss and paw:love:

Has anyone else taught buns tricks or commands and do they do them once asked?:wave:

no i didnt think such a things existed. scooter is clever but obdiant that would be a no.

My two both come to me when I call them, which is quite handy (especially if they've sneaked into our bedroom and are trying to dig the carpet under our bed) but that's about it!

They're very intelligent but I think that doing as their told is just too much like hard work for them!! :lol:

George has his moments. He knows if I click my fingers 3 times that he's to stop doing what he's doing, but doesn't stop him trying :lol:

He's intelligent, obedient.....we're working on it

They are intelligent - as a recent example: when it was windy the other week i velcroed their pop up tent to the end of their tunnel, to stop the tunnel blowing round the run (the tents tied to the corner) - well the little monkeys obviously coudn't be bothered going all the way through the tunnel into the tent, so they chewed a blinking big hole in the side of the tent as a new door :shock::lol: (which backfired as now in the bin so no tent at all until payday!)
They know what crinkly wrappers and the crunchie jar rattling mean but they either don't know their names or just choose to ignore them and obedient is not a word i would ever use to describe them :roll::lol:

Back