• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

snowball is off to see the plum fairy :o

xx-snowball-xx

Wise Old Thumper
snowball is booked in to be neutered on wednesday morning!

thought i was going to have to wait until the 3rd / 4th may to have him done, but I can afford to have him done wednesday instead :D

Bit of a story why lol.
I applied for income support and was declined and told I wasn't eligible until after the 27th april.
I appealed the decision.
No-one bothered to tell me, but it's looking like I won the appeal :D because I had a nice surprise when I checked the bank this morning and found a couple of hundred unexpected pounds in there!

First thing I did was ring the vets and book snowball in for his neuter :D Walked down earlier this afternoon and paid it as well, so he is all set :shock:

Am quite pleased, because I was chatting as you do to the receptionist in the vets when I went in to pay and she said "oh you're such a good owner"
I know I'm not, but it made me feel good lol.

aww thats great!

I love it when you check you account expecting there to be no funds and find some lovely cash waiting to be spent.. not that it happens often :lol:

Good luck Snowball with the Plum fairy xx

thanks guys :D
glad smartie is ok!

i was shocked as heck, couldn't believe it.
i thought it was a mistake.
income support is on strike today, so i couldn't check.

hope they don't say it was a mistake and they want it back, because i spent £200 today :oops:

(but to be fair - £60 went on neuter, lent £30 to my friend, lent £20 to my sister, then went and bought my son a couple of pairs of sandles for summer, myself 2 new tops - i never get new clothes, some bathroom scales, a candle set, new towels for me and my son and then some groceries)

Steph you are a very good owner, snowball, is loved, is well looked after, fed the right food, has space to play, vaccs and soon to be neutered and you did all your research before getting him :D

snowball is booked in to be neutered on wednesday morning!

thought i was going to have to wait until the 3rd / 4th may to have him done, but I can afford to have him done wednesday instead :D

Bit of a story why lol.
I applied for income support and was declined and told I wasn't eligible until after the 27th april.
I appealed the decision.
No-one bothered to tell me, but it's looking like I won the appeal :D because I had a nice surprise when I checked the bank this morning and found a couple of hundred unexpected pounds in there!

First thing I did was ring the vets and book snowball in for his neuter :D Walked down earlier this afternoon and paid it as well, so he is all set :shock:

Am quite pleased, because I was chatting as you do to the receptionist in the vets when I went in to pay and she said "oh you're such a good owner"
I know I'm not, but it made me feel good
lol.

But you are a good owner! :shock: Why ever would you say that!!!??

Best of luck for snowball. :) xx

thanks guys :D
glad smartie is ok!

i was shocked as heck, couldn't believe it.
i thought it was a mistake.
income support is on strike today, so i couldn't check.

hope they don't say it was a mistake and they want it back, because i spent £200 today :oops:

(but to be fair - £60 went on neuter, lent £30 to my friend, lent £20 to my sister, then went and bought my son a couple of pairs of sandles for summer, myself 2 new tops - i never get new clothes, some bathroom scales, a candle set, new towels for me and my son and then some groceries)

awww do you want company when he goes i can keep you company :)

seen about your finances on FB :)
glad things have worked out for you...

i have a little girl bun available still ;)

Steph you are a very good owner, snowball, is loved, is well looked after, fed the right food, has space to play, vaccs and soon to be neutered and you did all your research before getting him :D

But you are a good owner! :shock: Why ever would you say that!!!??

Best of luck for snowball. :) xx

aw thank you both :)
that means a lot :)

i just sometimes feel like i'm not. i was in a better financial position when i got him and could afford things right away if he needed them. then it all went downhill.
it makes me feel awful that i have to save up for such things as vaccinations and neuter and stuff. and that i can't afford a friend for him when that is what would be best for him.
i buy him the best that I can afford, but it isn't always the best or most expensive stuff.

i love him and do my very best for him, but sometimes i wonder if it's enough.

You are a good owner you numpty! :)
thank you :)

awww do you want company when he goes i can keep you company :)

seen about your finances on FB :)
glad things have worked out for you...

i have a little girl bun available still ;)

thanks hun. i think i should be ok :) (i tend to sort of go in on myself and not want to speak to anyone when i am worried, but thanks for the offer :))

hehe, it's only temporarily that i have lots of pennies, i still can't afford a second bun permenantly ;)

thank you :)

thanks hun. i think i should be ok :) (i tend to sort of go in on myself and not want to speak to anyone when i am worried, but thanks for the offer :))

hehe, it's only temporarily that i have lots of pennies, i still can't afford a second bun permenantly ;)

darn worth a try lol
:) okies well ill give you a ring this week anyhow see how your getting on i been a bad mate of late and not rang or txt anyone:oops:

aw thank you both :)
that means a lot :)

i just sometimes feel like i'm not. i was in a better financial position when i got him and could afford things right away if he needed them. then it all went downhill.
it makes me feel awful that i have to save up for such things as vaccinations and neuter and stuff. and that i can't afford a friend for him when that is what would be best for him.
i buy him the best that I can afford, but it isn't always the best or most expensive stuff.

i love him and do my very best for him, but sometimes i wonder if it's enough.

Hand out again for a slap. :lol: Don't be so hard on yourself. I know exactly what it was like to be a single mum and have a pet. (cat).

Not working again, if you count 3 hours a week. I suppose now I do have the OH to rely on, but ultimately all the animals are my responsibility.

Great to hear you treat yourself and Lucas today. Love new towels.

Hand out again for a slap. :lol: Don't be so hard on yourself. I know exactly what it was like to be a single mum and have a pet. (cat).

Not working again, if you count 3 hours a week. I suppose now I do have the OH to rely on, but ultimately all the animals are my responsibility.

Great to hear you treat yourself and Lucas today. Love new towels.

it's snowballs turn for a treat tomorrow :)
am going into northwich to go to pets at home so i can buy him some of the more expensive treats that he doesn't normally get :D
also need a carrier as i still don't have one - naughty steph lol.

oh no, what happened to your job?

it was nice to just buy some things. my friend took me into parkgate because she saw a dress she wanted. it was lovely to look at all the expensive clothes and think - i could buy that right now if i want to. i could buy that too. of course i didn't, can't justify spending that sort of money on clothes. but it was nice to browse with money in the bank ;)
i went to new look for my clothes because i already had a £3 voucher. with my voucher and student discount, i got 2 tops for £8 :) bonus :)

it's snowballs turn for a treat tomorrow :)
am going into northwich to go to pets at home so i can buy him some of the more expensive treats that he doesn't normally get :D
also need a carrier as i still don't have one - naughty steph lol.

oh no, what happened to your job?

it was nice to just buy some things. my friend took me into parkgate because she saw a dress she wanted. it was lovely to look at all the expensive clothes and think - i could buy that right now if i want to. i could buy that too. of course i didn't, can't justify spending that sort of money on clothes. but it was nice to browse with money in the bank ;)
i went to new look for my clothes because i already had a £3 voucher. with my voucher and student discount, i got 2 tops for £8 :) bonus :)

Clothes are so unbelievably expensive. When I see an ordinary dress for £100 or more, I burst out laughing.

You got a great deal for 2 top at £8.00.

That job -long story. I put up a thread, when you would have been away. It was an awful experience and not at all what I expected.

I did my 3 days given to me by the agency and decided, when asked by the management there, not to return. The elderly were at advanced stages of dementia and some where doubly incontinent. I was not trained or prepared for it. It was very depressing. One flat was covered in poo. I could not handle it.

Clothes are so unbelievably expensive. When I see an ordinary dress for £100 or more, I burst out laughing.

You got a great deal for 2 top at £8.00.

That job -long story. I put up a thread, when you would have been away. It was an awful experience and not at all what I expected.

I did my 3 days given to me by the agency and decided, when asked by the management there, not to return. The elderly were at advanced stages of dementia and some where doubly incontinent. I was not trained or prepared for it. It was very depressing. One flat was covered in poo. I could not handle it.

oh my goodness :(
sorry that you had such a bad experience :(

Good luck to Snowball at the plum fairy :D :wave:

I'm phoning tomorrow to book Sox in- eeeeep, I'm petrified :shock::(:oops:

Just wondering, what age is Snowball? :)
xx

Good luck to Snowball at the plum fairy :D :wave:

I'm phoning tomorrow to book Sox in- eeeeep, I'm petrified :shock::(:oops:

Just wondering, what age is Snowball? :)
xx

Thank you

Aw I'm sure he will be fine - I have been terrified of getting snowball done and have kept putting it off because I was too scared ;)

He is around 7 months old :)

How old is sox? xx

Thank you

Aw I'm sure he will be fine - I have been terrified of getting snowball done and have kept putting it off because I was too scared ;)

He is around 7 months old :)

How old is sox? xx

He'll be a year old on the 21st of April.:D :wave:

I'm sure he'll be fine, but I worry about him not waking up,:oops: I know its silly cos people have 4 year old buns and older neutered, but yeah I'm a worrier lol.:oops: :lol:
xx

Back