• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Douglas the Dachshund *pics*

happysaz133

Wise Old Thumper
So this is Douglas...one of the dogs my Grandparents dogsit a few times a year, and they walk him every two days. He's a little Wire Haired Dachshund (I don't know what size...to me, he's just a Dachshund :wave:). I've never met a Dachshund before, and he was so much fun! Near impossible to take decent photos of him (he's so close to the ground!!!), especially as I only had my wee rubbish camera with me. But I got a few nice ones of him to share...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FKXVJYBG7s0

Douglas by Niseag, on Flickr

With my sister

Missed!

With Wilma (my Grandad's long term partner)

Wilma & Douglas by Niseag, on Flickr

That's all for now!

:lol: Then never fail to make me laugh as they're such little balls of energy.

I think he's a standard as an old friend I've not seen in a while had some mini wirehairs and they're pretty much ferret sized.

id say i very nice shaped standard wire haired dachs :) has been clipped or stripped? (sorry groomer :oops:) my boss has mini wires and a girl that works with us has standard wires which are shown :D lovely dogs :love: good to see one that isnt over wieght! some people think they should look like a round sausage :roll: isnt good for there backs atall!

id say i very nice shaped standard wire haired dachs :) has been clipped or stripped? (sorry groomer :oops:) my boss has mini wires and a girl that works with us has standard wires which are shown :D lovely dogs :love: good to see one that isnt over wieght! some people think they should look like a round sausage :roll: isnt good for there backs atall!

Clipped I think...I know nothing about grooming as I have never needed to use one...but I assume clipped, as he just has fuzz :lol:

Omg I loves him :love: :love:

I want a standard smooth dachshund preferably black and tan male who I will call Moo (I haven't thought about this much :lol:)

Love them, one of my favourite breeds. I was researching them last night as OH has said we can have a dog in the future! Yey! I don't think Dachshunds are ideal for us, I read they can have a jealous streak. Do love them though especially miniature wirehaired!

Back