• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

panicking about leaving the pets and them getting too hot*they were fine*

biscandmatt1

Wise Old Thumper
i've got to leave the pets on thursday to go to a funeral. i've just seen that the weather is going to be nice and sunny.

now i'm panicking the pets will get too hot and our lounge heats up so much.

i've never been away from them for more than an hour-2 hours, and that's usually when someone else has been looking after them.

i'm really panicking. i've got some lined curtains up but i bought some thicker ones for winter, will they be better, help keep the sunlight out and the heat?

i can leave the windows open slightly where i can lock them aswell but it won't make much difference i don't think.

it's my grandma's funeral and o/h was coming to support me. maybe he should stay home. or just come home after the funeral?

i don't know.

eta: we are leaving at 11am for the funeral, service is 11.30am, then straight to the crematorium after, that starts at 1pm. the sun comes right onto our lounge about 1pm all the way until 7.30pm, it's a nightmare.

Last edited:
It's going to be hot but not HOT like summer, the nights/evenings are still cool so the buildings will still not be completely heated up like they are in mid-summer so try not to worry at all. Just keep the sun out with blinds/curtains and some fresh air circulating and all will be fine. :):wave:

It's going to be hot but not HOT like summer, the nights/evenings are still cool so the buildings will still not be completely heated up like they are in mid-summer so try not to worry at all. Just keep the sun out with blinds/curtains and some fresh air circulating and all will be fine. :):wave:

i'm worrying so much. i can't help it. worried about them, worried about going to the chapel tomorrow, the funeral thursday.

i'm really bad and just have visions of coming home and they've all died, or there has been a fire etc etc etc. i know it's stupid but i can't help it.

the man who did the boiler inspection broke it aswell so that's not working. so now i'm thinking it will blow up or something.

stress!!!!!!!!!!!!

i'm worrying so much. i can't help it. worried about them, worried about going to the chapel tomorrow, the funeral thursday.

i'm really bad and just have visions of coming home and they've all died, or there has been a fire etc etc etc. i know it's stupid but i can't help it.

the man who did the boiler inspection broke it aswell so that's not working. so now i'm thinking it will blow up or something.

stress!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's not stupid at all, I just think perhaps your anxiety is more to do with the funeral than the buns and you are just misdirecting it. Big hugs x

It's not stupid at all, I just think perhaps your anxiety is more to do with the funeral than the buns and you are just misdirecting it. Big hugs x

you're probably right to be honest. the thought of having to say goodbye is seeming more real by the day and it's going to be horrendous.

what's worse is that i have to attend this interview on wednesday afternoon about benefit fraud, it was postponed the first time because they didn't send out a leaflet with it, then the last time i really couldn't go out that day. so now they are saying it's wednesday and if i don't go then they will refer it to court. last chance basically. it's bad timing and they don't care about personal circumstances etc. i feel so angry because it doesn't seem important and i have to do it when i haven't even done anything wrong.

so lots of stress at the minute i think.

you're probably right to be honest. the thought of having to say goodbye is seeming more real by the day and it's going to be horrendous.

what's worse is that i have to attend this interview on wednesday afternoon about benefit fraud, it was postponed the first time because they didn't send out a leaflet with it, then the last time i really couldn't go out that day. so now they are saying it's wednesday and if i don't go then they will refer it to court. last chance basically. it's bad timing and they don't care about personal circumstances etc. i feel so angry because it doesn't seem important and i have to do it when i haven't even done anything wrong.

so lots of stress at the minute i think.

((hugs))

I always see you post when you manage to do something you were unsure about, and I always try to comment on how strong you are.

They will be fine left, they can find shade from the sun, and just leave lots of water incase it dries up. x

I can understand your stress. My wonderful Gran died in August and i am under threat of my DLA being discontinued. Your buns will be fine. They are inside which will be a lot cooler than if they were outside. It is you you have to concentrate on right now, the buns will have a lovely quiet snoozing day.

update

well i left them. we got up early so we could open all the windows and get some air in, and when we left the lined curtains were up and closed, windows open a little bit, they had an ice pod, three bowls of water :oops:, loads of hay and dried herbs and apple sticks to keep them busy.

i was sooooo worried as it turned out to be the hottest day we have had so far and i had visions of coming home and them all being gone :(

we ended up leaving the wake a bit before the end and i was so scared i made o/h walk in first to tell me if they were ok.. which they were. the curtains had kept the room fairly cool and they were all just lounging about. they were so pleased to see us though :love:

that is the longest i've left them in years and years. :shock:

they have a 'pen' now which folds up and down so they can have that at night for more room and if we go out :)

i also managed to attend the fraud interview the day inbetween going to the chapel of rest and the funeral! :shock: the man was so nice to me and he asked me what i thought i was there for, so i told him and it was all a mix up like we though. he didn't even bother doing the interview in the end because it was all just a simple mix up. i just had to find a letter for him, and i may have a follow up appointment in a few weeks just to fill in some forms, but that all went well and i was in and out in 15mins! and he was nice to me which helped. i am so glad that is sorted and out of the way. :)

thanks for the support and reassurance. x

well i left them. we got up early so we could open all the windows and get some air in, and when we left the lined curtains were up and closed, windows open a little bit, they had an ice pod, three bowls of water :oops:, loads of hay and dried herbs and apple sticks to keep them busy.

i was sooooo worried as it turned out to be the hottest day we have had so far and i had visions of coming home and them all being gone :(

we ended up leaving the wake a bit before the end and i was so scared i made o/h walk in first to tell me if they were ok.. which they were. the curtains had kept the room fairly cool and they were all just lounging about. they were so pleased to see us though :love:

they have a 'pen' now which folds up and down so they can have that at night for more room and if we go out :)

i also managed to attend the fraud interview the day inbetween going to the chapel of rest and the funeral! :shock: the man was so nice to me and he asked me what i thought i was there for, so i told him and it was all a mix up like we though. he didn't even bother doing the interview in the end because it was all just a simple mix up. i just had to find a letter for him, and i may have a follow up appointment in a few weeks just to fill in some forms, but that all went well and i was in and out in 15mins! and he was nice to me which helped. i am so glad that is sorted and out of the way. :)

:thumb:

Glad you got through it all ok. Must be such a relief about the benefit situation as well. Noesrubs to Bisc and Matt ;)

very relieved the benefit thing is sorted. i had visions of them not believing me and then court and prison!! :oops::lol:

i left mr bunnies the biggest bowl of water ever! :lol: one of those huge dog bowls and then panicked they might drown! :oops: seriously! :lol:

anyways, i'm done with challenges now, at least for a while! i'm not moving from this house until i've 'recovered'! :lol:

Back