• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Lionhead teddy or Angora?

I believe Angora Rabbits have much finer, softer fur and are larger than a lionhead.
I'm not sure how easy it is to tell unless you have two to compare though, a bit like a lot of people think they have a rex until the feel a real one.

I believe Angora Rabbits have much finer, softer fur and are larger than a lionhead.
I'm not sure how easy it is to tell unless you have two to compare though, a bit like a lot of people think they have a rex until the feel a real one.

I don't know what he weighs but hes certainly bigger than my other lionhead and hes got long fluffy fur all over.....quite wooly but very soft .

There are double maned lionheads that are much more fluffy than single maned ones, but angoras are normally much bigger, have tufts of fluff on their ears and very long fur, whereas double maned lionheads seem to have a more uneven fluffy ness, most around the mane and their rear ends I think. The ears are normally not that furry compared to the rest.

There are double maned lionheads that are much more fluffy than single maned ones, but angoras are normally much bigger, have tufts of fluff on their ears and very long fur, whereas double maned lionheads seem to have a more uneven fluffy ness, most around the mane and their rear ends I think. The ears are normally not that furry compared to the rest.

hmm... I'll have to put a pic up..... hes quite matted round his tail end (although someone has tried to cut them out :roll: ) he is just very different to Bruce :?

I'm no expert, but I think Angoras have long fur on their ears and are fairly big rabbits.

Woolly/teddy lionheads have long fur on the rest of their body but not their ears. They are usually small rabbits...like normal lionheads

Then you've got crossbreeds, and other long haired rabbits like Cashmere Lops and Swiss Fox too

My double maned lionhead looks fluffy all over but if you have a closer look he has a very distintive skirt and mane.

ss101748.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

ss101753.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

ss101750.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

I think he's just a very fluffy lionhead, as angoras tend to have very tufty fluffy ears and it doesn't look like he does:)

He looks a double maned lionhead to me. Angoras are a different shape and have furry ears :)

I was rather hoping you or Snowy would see this,you've both had so many long haired bunnies :)

His fur is just so wooly , made me wonder you see....I'm working on his matted bits,good job he doesn't mind being brushed .

His name certainly suited him :lol: Its the name he came with, and I didn;t see the point of changing it :) He was matted solid when he arrived, couldn;t even move his back legs properly :(

Bless him :(

Mine arrived as girl but is in fact a boy , how 'they' weren't noticed considering I was told he was brushed every day I don't know :roll:

Angora's are quite large, with long ears with a fair bit of fluff coming off the very top called furnishings

Here's a pic ...
Amur.jpg

Credit to Whincup and Grindey

Lionheads may have very furry ears but I've never seen the long furry 'furnishings' on top of their ears, they're also a very small breed

have you stolen my rabbit?! :shock:

4519_205296365787_765045787_7104701.jpg

If you look at your last picture you can see the skirt. You have a double maned lionhead same as Casper (above).

They do get alot fluffier in winter when they get their winter coat and the skirt will be less easy to see.

Back