• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Poorly Honey this morning - update-I'm back from vets

susieb1

Mama Doe
I got up this morning, went into the outhouse to find my usually binky Honey, sat in a corner-not happy. Bless her, I picked her up and cuddled her but when I put her down she just went and hid and then stretched right out. Her breathing's not right either. Think stasis has returned. Vets at two, please send her get well vibes.:(

Last edited:
Thank you and lots of vibes for Max too!! It's so painful to watch, poor little babies. As Graham as said on another thread there is a lot of it about at the moment wish could pinpoint the trigger. Cookie and Honey eat the same though Cookie always eats more, he's such a greedy bun and he seems fine. This will be Honey's second serious bout.

Many vibes for Honey. I know how worried you must be. I had to get Ian to handle Bobby for a while after we got back from the vets, because I was so stressed out :shock:

Let us know how you get on

Thank you everyone, just about to get ready for vets. I'm no good at this ill animal business. I could do with pressing my tummy to the floor at the moment! Fingers crossed.

Back from vets. No obvious problems except her temperature is a bit low. Vets are keeping her in tonight, having gut stimulant etc. so they can monitor intake and output. Taken up her favourite herbs so they can try and tempt her. I was convinced she was in stasis again but no. Keeping fingers crossed. Poor Cookie is missing her already. Think I'll be spending lots of time with him tonight!

Back from vets. No obvious problems except her temperature is a bit low. Vets are keeping her in tonight, having gut stimulant etc. so they can monitor intake and output. Taken up her favourite herbs so they can try and tempt her. I was convinced she was in stasis again but no. Keeping fingers crossed. Poor Cookie is missing her already. Think I'll be spending lots of time with him tonight!

How strange, my vet couldnt find anything wrong with Max either :? What is it about this time of year?!
Honey is in safe hands now hun and sounds like she'll be getting intensive treatment.
I hope she improves over night, Im sure she will xxxxx

Thank you so do I - feel so sick with worry. Glad that Max has picked up it's so odd that they couldn't find anything wrong with Max either. :?

The vet didn't find anything wrong with Bouncer either..... it's all very strange :? Gut stimulant, pain relief, gentle exercise & fluids seem to be the combination that "sort" most buns out. Ensuring they are warm enough is also very important. Bouncer seemed to go hot & cold. For those with gas - dispersing this asap is vital. I gave Bouncer Ranatidine syrup as a precautionary measure just in case he had early stages of it.

Fingers crossed she's fine :)

Thanks Jen, I just can't sit still. Poor Cookie is missing her. He came and laid next to me for fuss just now. Where did you get that syrup from you mentioned?

Thanks Jen, I just can't sit still. Poor Cookie is missing her. He came and laid next to me for fuss just now. Where did you get that syrup from you mentioned?

From the vet - ask them for some :) Sub-cut fluids are also something worth mentioning if they've not already been given :)

Back