• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rex sounds

meadowsweet

Mama Doe
Has anyone noticed that Rex rabbits made a different sound to other rabbits?
Well mine do, cannot really describe it but its very cute.

IMG_0143.jpg

My Bea makes some very unusual sounds, hard to explain, it's kind of like a cross between a whimper and a squeaky toy, i didn't realise it was a rexy thing :)

Obie grinds his teeth differently to any other rabbits Ive had before.
But he does make odd 'squeaking' noises too.

My rex grunts more than any other bun, does that count? :roll::lol:

But apart from that, I haven't noticed any new noises. Your two are beautiful by the way.

My rex grunts more than any other bun, does that count? :roll::lol:

But apart from that, I haven't noticed any new noises. Your two are beautiful by the way.

:lol: mine too! casper (nethie cross) when he is happy he purrs or does little squeaky noises poppy (standard rex) honks at me and grunts :lol: even when shes happy, she must have a lower voice box

:lol: mine too! casper (nethie cross) when he is happy he purrs or does little squeaky noises poppy (standard rex) honks at me and grunts :lol: even when shes happy, she must have a lower voice box

No its only our giant girl who grunts the rexes have a sound that is special to them.

Weird :? I've met a lot of rexes and never noticed any particular noises - maybe it's something special to your pair, a way they communicate with each other?

Jane has a lot of rexes - I wonder if she's observed this.

Back