• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Oh noooo Max is poorly :.( u/d back from vets

Gemmapookie

Wise Old Thumper
Hes not eating, lethargic, uncomfortable, his ears are cool which they never are :cry:
He ate his pellets fine this morning and was his usual nutty self. Infact he went on a huge binky mission just after eating them, could that have caused this?
His tummy feels ok to me but Im not a vet. He has an appointment at 3.
Hes just sitting in his carrier at the moment :cry:
Vibes please, if anything happens to him...well it cant, end of :cry:

Last edited:
Bucket loads of vibes for the little fluffy Max.

C'mon little man!

Think some metacam is due... :/

Hi Gemma, firstly lots of vibes.

This is how Bobby was. She had her pelletts then after I went for a nap, and awaoke this time of day, she wasn't eating and had gone all lethargic.

Still not sure what it is. I am thinking that he needs lots of water though hun, that seemd to bring my girl back round. I was wondering whether it helped break down the pellets in the gut

This is purley just my opinion and the emergency vet I called. It's best to keep him moving a bit as well, which will help keep his gut moving a bit.

You have caught this early, so the vet and pain relief will help

Thanks Shelley. Yes thats EXACTLY what happened, I gave him his pellets then went back to bed. When I woke up around 10.30 he was doing that uncomfortable shifting thing that they do.
Thanks for the water tip, I'll give him some now. Poor little man :cry:
Graham i asked if they could see him sooner but thats the earliest they can get him in. As he ate a few hours ago they dont class him as an emergency :)

Thanks Shelley. Yes thats EXACTLY what happened, I gave him his pellets then went back to bed. When I woke up around 10.30 he was doing that uncomfortable shifting thing that they do.
Graham i asked if they could see him sooner but thats the earliest they can get him in. As he ate a few hours ago they dont class him as an emergency :)

I pray its nothing major and that you get to the bottom of it Gemma. :wave: :)

Yes I would try and syringe some water, and just keep him as active as you can, even though he will look like he hates you :cry:

He can rest once he has his meds and is back from the vet.

might be worth asking for some pain relief to take home, and some of that Metrocopolide, just in case he has a repeat hun.

Thanks guys:wave:

Cant believe this, I was only thinking yesterday that I havent had a sick bun for ages :roll::(

I have a feeling he will perk up about tea time, just seems so similar, and I have read a couple of threads like this over the last few weeks.

Many vibes hun,

Poor Max :( As well as the water and keeping him moving, do you have a snugglesafe/heat pad you can pop him on too? Hope it's something simple to sort outand he's back to his normal self soon x

Poor Max :( As well as the water and keeping him moving, do you have a snugglesafe/heat pad you can pop him on too? Hope it's something simple to sort outand he's back to his normal self soon x

Good idea, I didn't have one, so used a hot water bottle, and gave her lots of snuggles :wave:

oh no:(

its happened to me too - no apparent reason other than scoffing too quickly (with eric & esme).

try keep him moving, esp if the vets can't get you in sooner xxxx
(is he moulting too?)

Thanks guys, ive just syringed him some cooled boiled water and hes wrapped up snuggly.
Im freaking out though coz hes getting more and more lethargic, i think im going to have to rush him in.
Oh god oh god oh god

Back