• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Smirnoff the Clingy Child!

jessieloola89

Young Bun
Hi everyone :) :wave:

Smirnoff is due to have her babies anytime now! I'm so excited - she'll make such a lovely mummy ...

But what I was wondering is this ... before she met her 'boyfriend' she became EVERSO clingy! She wouldn't let my best friend hold her, or my grandma or even my mum! She is a very kissy bunny - always licking me - wherever she can get skin on me she licks and licks it!
That's one reason I was so suprised when she wouldn't go to anybody else ...

When I handed her to my best friend/grandma/mum she'd sit there trying to bite them (she didn't make any grunting though) and trying to 'dig' on them. Yet if I put my hand there so she could see/smell me, she'd settle down!

It's like having a child!!

Does anybody else experience this or is Smirnoff just weird :lol:

My Herbie only really likes me and no one else.

I wouldn't pick him up and try to give him to anyone else.

Maybe just let smirnoff have her own way, especially if she is having babies.

Just out of interest, how come you are breeding from her? Are you keeping the babies?

Hi and welcome to RU,:wave:

Can i ask why you chose to breed smirnoff?
click this link
the link i provided you too is a list of 10's of thousands of bunnies needing homes because of irresponsible breeding.

what breed is your rabbit what food is she on what bedding has she got constant hay? somewhere to hide or nest?

Ah good, so she's not the only one though!

Yes I am keeping the babies :)

That's good. There are so many bunnies trying to find homes, would have been a shame to add to that :)

Herbie licks my full face, arms, hands, basically any skin.....but then he runs and hides under the sofabed when anyone else is in.

Oh yeah course I'd keep them! I couldn't bear to give them away - just thinking about how rabbits are treated (especially around easter) makes my heart break. Yes 'missfloppyears' she has unlimited hay, plenty of places to nest and hide, plenty of space and plenty of food. What I am doing is not irresponsible breeding - I know exactly what I am doing, I own a bunny farm :)

Oh yeah course I'd keep them! I couldn't bear to give them away - just thinking about how rabbits are treated (especially around easter) makes my heart break. Yes 'missfloppyears' she has unlimited hay, plenty of places to nest and hide, plenty of space and plenty of food. What I am doing is not irresponsible breeding - I know exactly what I am doing, I own a bunny farm :)
:shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock:

what kind of bunny farm is there?
maybe im confused like i said no need to get deffensive hun im only asking all this as the more "professional" rabbit owners will only ask later :) so that they can hop straight to helping you with smirnoffs behaviour.
:)

what kind of bunny farm is there?
maybe im confused like i said no need to get deffensive hun im only asking all this as the more "professional" rabbit owners will only ask later :) so that they can hop straight to helping you with smirnoffs behaviour.
:)

Haha sorry I didn't mean it like that! I look after bunnies whose owners are away and need looking after rather than just getting a neighbor to feed them. They have proper exercise and time being spent with them.

Is that not called a bunny farm? lol maybe it's more of a rabbit hotel :) x

EDIT: omg! I just googled 'bunny farm' and it's notttttt that!!

Last edited:
Haha sorry I didn't mean it like that! I look after bunnies whose owners are away and need looking after rather than just getting a neighbor to feed them. They have proper exercise and time being spent with them.

Is that not called a bunny farm? lol maybe it's more of a rabbit hotel :) x

EDIT: omg! I just googled 'bunny farm' and it's notttttt that!!

It's called 'Bunny Boarding' - somebody once said to me that people call them rabbit farms ... but obviously that is noooot true!

Phew I was getting worried when you said bunny farm :lol:

Glad to hear you are keeping them all, cant wait to see pictures of them all :wave:

Back