• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Lighting in Buckley's room (FAO those with house buns)

Pebblesetc

Mama Doe
How do you guys light your bunnies' domains? OH and I were thinking we should just use natural light as when we have the light on while it's dark outside Buckley seems very agitated, as though she wants to sleep but can't because her brain sees light and thinks DAY TIME!!!
Obviously we like to play with her in the evenings (all day in fact) but if the artificial light is going to make her a bit agitated/ totally crazy we'll deal with the dimness.
xoxo

We've not changed anything. Rabbits are crepuscular, meaning they are most active and dusk and dawn (and in my opinion, around 1am also) so they will naturally sleep between 10am and 4pm a LOT then again, about 9pm ish.

Natural light all day, then the lamp in the living room for the evening when its dark enough that we need it on.

If bun is tired, she'll sleep :)

Light coming in through the window during the day, light fitting switched on if i am in the bunnies room, but switched off when i am not. Rabbits live in burrows, they don't need light on when it is dark :)

I don't think light plays any part in a rabbits life!

Louie is blind so it's dark for him all the time but he still follows a rabbits natural daily pattern :D

Louie is blind so it's dark for him all the time but he still follows a rabbits natural daily pattern

Does Louie get spring fever. Bailey doesn't and I've always wondered if because he doesn't see the light the longer days don't effect in the same way as my other buns.

Does Louie get spring fever. Bailey doesn't and I've always wondered if because he doesn't see the light the longer days don't effect in the same way as my other buns.

Wellllll, Louie was hopping round with a mouthfull of hay yesterday :shock:

He dumped it behind the settee and forgot about it :roll:

Mine have natural light during the day and the house lights in the evening or at night if I can't sleep. They sleep during the day anyway so they don't mind sleeping with the light on.

Back