• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Could an attic be a bunny room?

whitehood

Warren Veteran
I just realised my Dad doesn't want to use the run, as he doesn't think it's fox proof enough, he's going to buy really strong mesh to put over the existing mesh.
I realised after the bond in the tub, the buns could move into the attic room[which is a proper room it doesn't have a bed its just two wardrobes in there, and the floor is wood flooring]. I would obviously introduce it slowly bit by bit, its neutral and big it could be a bunny room.
It would have everything in there for the buns.. And the run could be a little bonus when they could enjoy the sun and grass.
It sounds like a good idea right ??
:wave:

Ps. The room is empty and clean no dust and its massive, so thats lots of space for the buns :]

Does it have a window to let in some air and light? What's the temp like in there? My attic gets quite hot in the summer.

Lots of big windows :]
And its room temp.
In the summer it gets a bit hot but the open windows and laminate flooring would take care of that.

What if they were stood on top of the hatch when you opened it to get the ladder down?

Squish or fall, either way :(

What if they were stood on top of the hatch when you opened it to get the ladder down?

Squish or fall, either way :(

Its a proper room loool, it has normal stairs going up from the second floor of my house.
My house is massive its a 4 bedroom house but with a small garden.

I think it would be fine. Pretty much like an upstairs room than an attic, right? You're lucky, I've always wanted an attic that is like a room. They should all be like that!

I think it would be fine. Pretty much like an upstairs room than an attic, right? You're lucky, I've always wanted an attic that is like a room. They should all be like that!

Yeah it is a upstairs room more than an attic :]
I have three floors living room , dining room, kitchen and bathroom downstairs then upstairs 3 bedrooms and a bathroom then another upstairs a room :)

Yes because there is a proper staircase that goes up not a ladder

That's not what I meant. What I was getting at is that if there was a fire on the ground or first floor, could you be sure of getting the rabbits out of the attic, at the very top of the house?

I think it sounds like a good idea.
Someone on here has something similar for two pairs of buns, its a beautiful setup & I'm pretty sure its in an attic room. (Could be drpengie, but I'm not sure & couldn't find it again - sorry not much help am I! :oops: Maybe someone else will know)
They have (I think) perspex as a divider between the buns.
As far as fire egress is concerned it doesn't seem that different to anybuns kept indoors, especially upstairs, you'd just have to work out an rescue/escape route.

Thanks,
I'm going to move the buns on Wednesday from the bath to the attic they're going to have a small space, then I'll be increasing it slowly :]
Then I'll start adding bunny furniture for them :]

Tunnels
Thats all I can think of :roll:

What else Can I put in there?

Chairs and boxes for them to sit on.....maybe a Maze of Boxes....Oh God!! Theyre so lucky!! The space...the fun!!!!

My two don't like laminate either, they won't walk on it. Beano especially after she slipped whlist binkying when she used to be indoors.

Back