• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Trio

whitehood

Warren Veteran
This thread was for me wanting a pair of buns but now...
I want a lady bun :) Another pair might be too much.

But this might not be possible right now maybe later, as I want Lucky and Jack to maintain their bond for now.

I saw this bun on the ARC website called twinkle .. she was a lop and white :love:

But I don't think Im ready for another now?

If people have a trio does one bun feel left out because two of the three will have a stronger bond ?

Last edited:
I saw Twinkle on their website, gorgeous. :love:
The idea of a new bun is something you have to think about very hard.
1. Do you have enough space? Your bunnies are in a 6x4 run, definetly to small for 3 buns, you said your dad might knock through to the garage, is that going to happen? For two bunnies the minimum recommended space is 36square foot so roughly for 3 it would be 54square foot, preferably more, do you have that much room in the garage?
2. Can you afford a new bun? Do you have enough money to pay for vacs, and emergencies, will your parents help you out?
3. Do you have the time? Do you have enough time to spend with all 3 buns.
4. Do your parents agree?
5. What would the buns think? Maybe you should leave it some time, especially after you have just had to rebond your buns after a fight, a new bun may cause more fights, maybe even more serious ones, it's your call.

If you think that you have the space, money, time and your parents and the buns agree then go for it:)

I saw Twinkle on their website, gorgeous. :love:
The idea of a new bun is something you have to think about very hard.
1. Do you have enough space? Your bunnies are in a 6x4 run, definetly to small for 3 buns, you said your dad might knock through to the garage, is that going to happen? For two bunnies the minimum recommended space is 36square foot so roughly for 3 it would be 54square foot, preferably more, do you have that much room in the garage?
2. Can you afford a new bun? Do you have enough money to pay for vacs, and emergencies, will your parents help you out?
3. Do you have the time? Do you have enough time to spend with all 3 buns.
4. Do your parents agree?
5. What would the buns think? Maybe you should leave it some time, especially after you have just had to rebond your buns after a fight, a new bun may cause more fights, maybe even more serious ones, it's your call.

If you think that you have the space, money, time and your parents and the buns agree then go for it:)

You'r right I thought of all this too and felt a bit guilty, maybe in the future.. :roll:

You'r right I thought of all this too and felt a bit guilty, maybe in the future.. :roll:

Good on you, looking at the big picture and making the right decision even though it's not the answer you wanted:D
I always fall in love with those bunnies on the rescue websites and make all these plans in my head:love: But sometimes it's just not the right thing to do.

Good on you, looking at the big picture and making the right decision even though it's not the answer you wanted:D
I always fall in love with those bunnies on the rescue websites and make all these plans in my head:love: But sometimes it's just not the right thing to do.

Yea :[
I wished I didn't have a garage. Well I want half actually!
Half of the space could be a big aviary :] For three buns :lol:

Its been a while since I painted the run and flower beds, my garden looks awesome even though it's small :D I'll add pics tomorrow :D

housing wise you should ask at the rescue what they'd require if you adopted her as a third bun.
Obviously think about all the issues that wally4eva mentioned.

I see you've decided against it but for the future I'll still answer your question about trios.
I have a trio - it was a very easy bond and I would say that they are closer now than by girls were as a pair. Their personalities just all work very well together and I would personally always try for a trio now. Of course, like any bond it's not guaranteed to work and you could end up with separate rabbits or, what would be worse in my eyes, a new pair and one of your existing pair being left out.

housing wise you should ask at the rescue what they'd require if you adopted her as a third bun.
Obviously think about all the issues that wally4eva mentioned.

I see you've decided against it but for the future I'll still answer your question about trios.
I have a trio - it was a very easy bond and I would say that they are closer now than by girls were as a pair. Their personalities just all work very well together and I would personally always try for a trio now. Of course, like any bond it's not guaranteed to work and you could end up with separate rabbits or, what would be worse in my eyes, a new pair and one of your existing pair being left out.

Thanks for the advice
:wave:

Back