• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bailey won't sit still to be groomed!

SamanthaJane

Warren Veteran
She's 10 weeks old and I've had her and her sister since they were 8 weeks. Binky will sit really nicely but Bailey goes mental! She digs like crazy and bites at my knees, pulling my trousers.

She's a lion lop so she has got to be groomed and she's got REALLY thick hair around her bum and I'm struggling to keep her knot and poo free.

Any tips please?!

When I first tried to groom my lionhead, Buckley, she just followed my hands and tried to chew the comb.

So, the next day when it was dinner time I put down her dinner and just started grooming her. Because she was eating she took no notice, now she lets me groom her whenever.

I did the same thing with stroking her. Giving her her dinner at the same time as things you need to do reinforces the idea that it's good. :)
xoxo

thanks I'll try bribery then lol! I think Baileys going to be a little trouble maker - just found her sitting on TOP of the cage! I'll post the pic in stories and pics in a min lol - little monkey!

Back