• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

can someone explain to me about eating poo

lousilverfox

Mama Doe
I think i know a little about this that rabbits eat their poo at night time

but Milly eats her poo through the day also, she does it infrount of me :shock:

Also she leaves a pile of poo behind her when shes done

Is that normal?

lol i wouldn't suggests humans try it :)

On a serious note though...Eating poo is normal- they get nutrients from it. Is her diet full of hay, herbs, veggies and some pellets?

I think Buckley actually prefers eating hers infront of me :shock: And sometimes when she's done munching her cecal she'll wander off leaving a little pile of big golden droppings (which could probably be used for table football). She gets her cecals at any point during the day and night. They don't save up their hay for one time of day so it would appear logical to suggest they don't save up their cecals for one time either :)
xoxo

I think Buckley actually prefers eating hers infront of me :shock: And sometimes when she's done munching her cecal she'll wander off leaving a little pile of big golden droppings (which could probably be used for table football). She gets her cecals at any point during the day and night. They don't save up their hay for one time of day so it would appear logical to suggest they don't save up their cecals for one time either :)
xoxo

haha sounds just like Milly! hers poo`s are big and golden also :D

Well im glad i know no that Milly is normal :lol:

When I first had Peanut, when she was young, she'd stop mid snooze during the day to eat her caecotrophs quite regularly but I rarely see her do it now, so she must do it mostly at night now.

Last edited:
Rabbits produce two types of poo, one is a waste product, the other is their caecotropes. Rabbits re-ingest the caecotropes to absorb nutrients that they don't get the first time round. Most of the time you won't know they exist as they are eaten straight away. Caecotropes can be produced throughout the day and night, and are dark brown, wet-looking, and squishy. :mrgreen:

The waste poo is larger, round, dry, and crumbles when you squash it. Some (odd!) bunnies eat these too but it's not necessary. The best waste poops are large and golden, indicating that everything is working great and your bun is eating plenty of hay :D:wave:

When Chloe was a youngster she used to come in the living room for a hop around, she was fab because she would poop (waste poops not caecels) and go back and munch it up!! I never had to hoover after her being in!! :lol:
She has stopped doing it now (I think) but it was brilliant to watch!!

Rabbits produce two types of poo, one is a waste product, the other is their caecotropes. Rabbits re-ingest the caecotropes to absorb nutrients that they don't get the first time round. Most of the time you won't know they exist as they are eaten straight away. Caecotropes can be produced throughout the day and night, and are dark brown, wet-looking, and squishy. :mrgreen:

The waste poo is larger, round, dry, and crumbles when you squash it. Some (odd!) bunnies eat these too but it's not necessary. The best waste poops are large and golden, indicating that everything is working great and your bun is eating plenty of hay :D:wave:

:thumb:

Although wild rabbits usually produce edible poops at night, the time pet rabbits produce them depends on their diet/routine i.e. when time they eat and how long the gut takes to process food.

My Inca eats her waste poops when i let her in the living room for a run about. It is as if she gets embarassed that she has done it and scoffs it up so i dont see it!

My Inca eats her waste poops when i let her in the living room for a run about. It is as if she gets embarassed that she has done it and scoffs it up so i dont see it!

Aww, at least you dont have to clean her poops up if she eats them instead :lol:

Did the council reply to your email about the roe deer?

I wonder if the cull is still going ahead :(

Aww, at least you dont have to clean her poops up if she eats them instead :lol:

Did the council reply to your email about the roe deer?

I wonder if the cull is still going ahead :(

Nope, never got a response!
I put a read receipt on it, but they could have just clicked noto to send the email.
I hope they don't do it, such a waste :(

Nope, never got a response!
I put a read receipt on it, but they could have just clicked noto to send the email.
I hope they don't do it, such a waste :(

Is this the one in Aberdeen by any chance? Idiots. I'm so angry about this atm, I have had no response either. :roll:

Sorry lousilverfox, I'm totally hijacking your thread. :oops:

Back