• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbit allergic to hay? Advice please.

fiona0529

Alpha Buck
Sorry for posting again about Jack but I think I have discovered the cause of his sneezing. Hubby and I were out today and stopped at a pet shop to buy hay. It is meadow hay and apparently dust extracted. However when i got home I gave Jack a big handful of hay ans this started off a succession of sneezes. I assume its dust that ia causing this. Do any of you how I can help him or know a good brand of hay which doesnt have much dust? I thought grass might be better but he is just a baby so might be too rich for his tum?

Thanks for any advice.

Fiona and Jack x

It's a bit pricey but the Woodlands harvest range is pretty dust-free. We also use the Burgess Excel Forage Timothy Hay which, so far, is nice and green but with plenty of stalky bits (Buckley's fave bits) and no dust and it's only 10p more than the PAH timothy hay (which is always all brown with added dust I think haha) for the same amount.

When we put the PAH meadow hay in her hay rack it gets covered in dust, it makes ME sneeze and I'm not a sneezy person.

xoxo

Back