• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

It's probably a no, but I thought I'd ask...

blackspots

Warren Scout
My buns have been bonding since Friday. So far I think all is going really well. Today is day 3, and I am feeling very guilty for them being indoors in this gorgeous weather. Do you think it would be a bad idea to make them a neutral pen on the grass, same size as what they have now but with some shade?

No. You risk the break down of the whole bond, and then having the hassle of re-bonding/having two separate buns if they fall out and won't re-bond

Don't let those little faces make you feel guilty and crack!!! It will be worth it in the end!!

Personally i would pop them out, but that's just me. Most of my bondings are done in the garden, then they are put straight into a smaller pen to get on with it.

thankyou everyone. I didn't give in, maybe by the end of the week they can go out? You are right, it is their sorrowful looks that make me feel guilty!

Personally I would do it if they seem fairly solid but not if I had any doubts.

When I bonded my three I did 48 hours solid and there was no real fighting so on the third day I put them in their shed but in the pen. I left them late afternoon and when I went down the next morning they had let themselves out of the pen so they had the whole shed and run. They seemed happy enough so I just left them to it after that.:)

Personally I would do it if they seem fairly solid but not if I had any doubts.

When I bonded my three I did 48 hours solid and there was no real fighting so on the third day I put them in their shed but in the pen. I left them late afternoon and when I went down the next morning they had let themselves out of the pen so they had the whole shed and run. They seemed happy enough so I just left them to it after that.:)

Luckily the playhouse hasn't been refelted yet so I can't physically put them all in it yet.

Back