• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

More education is needed the message is not getting across

loppy ears

Warren Veteran
Today I ventured into a pet shop first time in years, a lady was looking at the rabbit supplies she had brought a baby rabbit from another place and was looking for supplies, they had not been given any information about diet etc as they were asking the pet shop assistant for advice re feeding etc, surely when somebody buys a rabbit they should be provided with information about diet, vaccination, nutering and bonding with another rabbit.

People should know what they can expect I wonder if they know how expensive rabbits can be if they become sick, I doubt the pet shop will tell them to buy the recommended size of hutch, I hope the owners find their way to this forum or another website which provides reliable advice

be even better if these people would put the research in BEFORE buying the bun:roll:
but 100% would be good if more info was provided too

It's worrying to hear stories like this - but not unusual, I'm afraid. :( We all just have to do our best, and be encouraged by what is being achieved as well as what isn't.

be even better if these people would put the research in BEFORE buying the bun:roll:
but 100% would be good if more info was provided too

That's what sprung to mind for me too but see if you look at a lot of rabbit care books some are rather outdated to say the least. I've been through all the rabbit care books in the library that I work in and out of 4 or 5 I'd say only one was any good. I actually removed a few from stock (i.e. chucked them in the bin when no one was looking) because they were so outdated.

I think the priority for bunnies has to be getting petshops to stop selling stupidly small hutches but a really good book would be a huge advantage as well. It'd be great if manufacturers stopped making the damned things in the first place mind you.:evil:

That's what sprung to mind for me too but see if you look at a lot of rabbit care books some are rather outdated to say the least. I've been through all the rabbit care books in the library that I work in and out of 4 or 5 I'd say only one was any good. I actually removed a few from stock (i.e. chucked them in the bin when no one was looking) because they were so outdated.

I think the priority for bunnies has to be getting petshops to stop selling stupidly small hutches but a really good book would be a huge advantage as well. It'd be great if manufacturers stopped making the damned things in the first place mind you.:evil:

agree 100% hunny
i went mad at P@H the other day when they had an old bun that hadnt sold from the last stock so they added the new ones with it.. as you can imagine fighting all over.. :cry:

Back