• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

'Runaround' and bendy tunnels to connect to run

yaretzi

Wise Old Thumper
Hi :)

I'm looking for a way to connect my bunnies shed to their run. I've come up with http://www.runaround.co.uk/runaround/Products.html, which seems pretty good. Except...

1) my bunnies are a big larger than the 'average' fluffball, so I'm slightly worried that the 15.5cm is gonna be a bit of a squeeze - especially if they get spooked by something and dart back in. I don't want them to hurt themselves running back in.

2) they don't offer anything long enough :'( I'm looking for 12ish feet!

I've emailed the company about it, but they don't offer connector plates (for the run + shed) in the larger tube size and they only offer it in 3 foot lengths!

So I was wondering if anyone knew anywhere that I could purchase 12foot ish lengths of that kind of tubing?

And also how to connect it! My stepdad is quite DIY-savvy but that's quite a faff to make a 'knock off' runaround connector, especially out of acrylic (weatherproof and soo much easier to connect/disconnect rather than wood). I mean I could just shove it into the run but I'd like it to be really secure!

Thanks for any help :D

I have some of the run about tubing, my suggestion would be is to cut a hole in a piece of cardboard the same size as the tubing which the runabout sell, place it in a position where your rabbits would need to try and get through it, if they can get through the hole you know it will work. Whilst the tubing looks quite small many larger fluffy buns can easily get through it.

Have you considered making a wire mesh 'tube' or using the the wire mesh tunnel from the runaround company goes between the playhouse and the run in post 1 which would be easier to secure.
http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?t=282078&highlight=daffodil

Have you considered making a wire mesh 'tube' or using the the wire mesh tunnel from the runaround company goes between the playhouse and the run in post 1 which would be easier to secure.
http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?t=282078&highlight=daffodil

I'll definitely try your suggestions about the holes :D

About the wire tube - my mom & stepdad are eager for their garden to stay in good condition, particularly the grass. She won't allow a fixed kind of thing like that - the thing we like about the flexible tube is we can move their run around all over so they don't over-graze or over-wee or over-trample any specific bit of grass and I think that would happen in those tube things unforunately :(

Hi :)

I'm looking for a way to connect my bunnies shed to their run. I've come up with http://www.runaround.co.uk/runaround/Products.html, which seems pretty good. Except...

1) my bunnies are a big larger than the 'average' fluffball, so I'm slightly worried that the 15.5cm is gonna be a bit of a squeeze - especially if they get spooked by something and dart back in. I don't want them to hurt themselves running back in.

2) they don't offer anything long enough :'( I'm looking for 12ish feet!

I've emailed the company about it, but they don't offer connector plates (for the run + shed) in the larger tube size and they only offer it in 3 foot lengths!

So I was wondering if anyone knew anywhere that I could purchase 12foot ish lengths of that kind of tubing?

And also how to connect it! My stepdad is quite DIY-savvy but that's quite a faff to make a 'knock off' runaround connector, especially out of acrylic (weatherproof and soo much easier to connect/disconnect rather than wood). I mean I could just shove it into the run but I'd like it to be really secure!

Thanks for any help :D

I have had a few things from run around and they are beautiuly made and well designed. My french lop can fit through the tunnelsand holes. you'd be suprised what places a rabbit can get to :lol:

Never used one but I have seen a conti run through the mesh tunnel without any problem :wave:

I agonised over just this same question before settling for the runaround 8ft tunnel over paving. Could you pave a small area? I'd feel a bit worried if they were on grass, maybe that's just me.

To close the hole in my shed, I am going to add a sliding piece of wood that can be locked shut for the winter, from the inside.

Those would be great actually but for things to play in/on/around rather than the shed thing :D thanks for the link, i'll definitely buy some of those for playthings ;)

I agonised over just this same question before settling for the runaround 8ft tunnel over paving. Could you pave a small area? I'd feel a bit worried if they were on grass, maybe that's just me.

To close the hole in my shed, I am going to add a sliding piece of wood that can be locked shut for the winter, from the inside.

There's no way I can pave it :( it's a perfectly sculpted shape and I'd be paving right through the middle so that's a no-go :(

The woman from runaround is very kindly sending me a sample of the smaller size, so I'll prod miss fat-bum through and see how it looks size-wise. I mean, they're no larger than a normal french lop and everybun else seems to manage so why not my little porkers :)

Back