• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How good or bad is your current bunny accomadation?

How good or bad is your current bunny accomadation?

• Not good at all- below minimum rspca standards- i would like to improve this.

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • Okay- just adequete- my buns needs are met, but i'd like more for them

Votes: 22 25.9%
  • Excellent- I have atleast rspca size accomadation if not more, and my buns seem happy

Votes: 44 51.8%
  • Perfect- My buns could not ask for more!! My tell me they are very lucky!

Votes: 18 21.2%

• Total voters

Ambience

Warren Veteran
I know everyone can improve, but as far as you would like, do you have perfect or imperfect bunny accommodation at the moment?

Can't edit the poll- but the last bit is

" They tell me they are very happy! " not my tell me :)

Rspca size is 6x2x2 hutch with 6x4 run- but i think that may have gone up now slightly so some people will fall short of this standard.

P.s If your accomadation is below standard- it's fine- this is a PRIVATE poll so noone can view it's your answer. Just wanted to get a gauge really of everyone on the forum's bunny accommodations. Some must be below standard. Apologies- some people may still consider that good- shouldn't have worded the first poll answer as i did do.

Last edited:
Hmm, Well it is defiantly not perfect! They will always be improvements I can make to it, but space wise I think it is pretty good (well once we've finished one part of the run) :) I would like to have a huge fenced off area of the garden which they could free range in so they could really tear around it :love:

ETA - I voted Excellant :oops:

Last edited:
Mine isn't perfect, but good enough for a good rescue to allow me a bunny :)
My bunnys are extremly happy so I'd say mine is pretty good. I would like them perminantly free range one day but we shall see!

Mine all have more than the RSPCA minimum but I'm always thinking of ways it could be better for them.

I will be much happier once they are all bonded and moved into the playhouse. They will have loads of indoor space, an attached permanently open run 5ft by 7ft and then free range for most of the day as well in my bunny safe garden. They seemed happy before but buns can never get enough free range time!

I voted excellent for mine :oops::oops:
They have their own large rooms (Timmy and Mimi together and Max soon to be with Lily) with a litter tray, cosy bed, toys etc, and access to a balcony each which Im going to be turning into bunny playgrounds for the summer :wave:

We're still improving our accommodation, we're aiming to have her free ranging after her spay, for now she's got a room to herself but with a big pen (you can't see what's on the floor when you open the door because there's a step down, so it's better to be safe than sorry)

I voted Excellent as they have a 9ft x 6ft enclosure with 2x 2storey hutches, a tunnel to run through, wood tunnels which Pebbles likes to stand on top of, grass, cool slabs for when they're hot and toys and they have 24hour access because it's secure.

But, I look at other accommodation on the forum and I'm jealous. I'd love to have a massive enclosure so that they could really run around but be safe. (I'm not pinning my hopes on tonights lotto roll-over, honest :lol:)

I'm happy with the buns living quarters now they have their own bedroom :) they have about 70 square feet 24 hours a day, and access to the landing and bathroom for a couple of hours aswell :) their room has platforms, tunnels and toys and they seem happy! The only thing I would change is that I would like them to have some playtime in the garden, but I'm currently thinking about how to do this...

I voted okay but mine do meet the rspca guidelines its just I personally think that is adequate rather than excellent

I cant really see anyone voting below standard really - even if it is

Aww so nice to hear about all these happy buns. I put okay as i i could improve loads on what i have.I want walk in aviary style enclosures and sheds attached, but i don't have that yet. I will when i can afford it.

In the meantime i do have rspca size enclosures and hutches, but i can do alot better for them! I'd really like to have more land too, hope i can improve this at the next property we go too:)

Aww so nice to hear about all these happy buns. I put okay as i i could improve loads on what i have.I want walk in aviary style enclosures and sheds attached, but i don't have that yet. I will when i can afford it.

In the meantime i do have rspca size enclosures and hutches, but i can do alot better for them! I'd really like to have more land too, hope i can improve this at the next property we go too:)

Thats fab, its always good to constantly strive to make improvements. Your buns are very lucky :wave::love:

Mine have their own bedrooms with no cages, Lola has an indoor cage but shes only in it for 4 hours or so each night, she refuses to eat hay unless shes in a cage:roll:

Thats fab, its always good to constantly strive to make improvements. Your buns are very lucky :wave::love:

I was saying to my other half i feel guilty they don't have more room. I know things will get better eventually though. I think hutches should be 6x4 as standard now (shed or playhouse size)- i think 6x2x2 is too small. I just don't like the size of them anymore at all, once you put a couple of under bed storage boxes in- it reduces the size of the hutch overall regardless of run space. I think the sheltered area should be bigger, especially for winter.

Oscar has pretty much free run of the whole house now during the day, and all of downstairs at night, with some toys and lots of places to hide :lol::lol:

Oscar has pretty much free run of the whole house now during the day, and all of downstairs at night, with some toys and lots of places to hide :lol::lol:

I can only do that with my gummy bunnies, but i've since amended my freerange bun to an enclosure since cassie has arrived, all in another seperate room of course also as cassie (pup) gets abit boisterous.

I do love the fact that some of the buns previously scared of dogs , i've introduced to her and she loves them and amazingly they actually are inquisitive about her.

It's absolutely fantastic how gentle she is with little animals (always supervised of course)- shame that isn't the case with my ankles, which she things are her playtoy!!!

She reminds me very much of this dog with a parrot.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=51X-1eEyYEs

mine meets the RSPCA standard in terms of sqft, I want it to be bigger though! Im hoping to buy a summerhouse/shed (7x5ft) and attach my run (7x4) with the possibility of extending it or getting an aviary :wave:

Mine are free roaming atm. Pie has the bedroom and landing, Oberon has the lounge and 2nd bedroom. When they are bonded they wil both have complete run of the place. They live better than I do! :roll::lol:

Mine are free roaming atm. Pie has the bedroom and landing, Oberon has the lounge and 2nd bedroom. When they are bonded they wil both have complete run of the place. They live better than I do! :roll::lol:

I'd love to know where you learnt equine touch therapy- was it a course or were you self taught. I'd love to do this kind of thing some day! x

I put perfect because mine have a lovely kennel and aviary attached and I think I've done as much as I can for them. Plus a seperate run on grass which they get some supervised time in and they free range in the house a lot too. :D

Back