• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How much herbs...

When I have them growing I just give a couple of leaves through the day.
Waiting for my new basil plant to get big so I can start feeding it again. I may have accidently killed the last one.

Me too. Sunshine ate half the parsley plant last night. :shock:

They both HATE basil.

Dried herbs. I have no idea how much to give.

Oooh, dried herbs........:love::love:
I give about a handul, and sprinkle it on their hay. They go NUTS!

Cheers. It doesn't last long then. I shared a bag with the bunnies and chinchillas and it last about 3 nights.

I wonder why my female bunny hates basil and parsley. One sniff and she legs it. :lol:

Last edited:
Course it is!
Currently the buns get a handful too, but im waiting whilst my corriander grows. What do you give them?

Oooh good, I know some people feed it as a treat so I was worried that that might mean they were not good to feed alot of. Mine seem to be doing well on herbs and a few other things though :D

They have Parsley, Coriander, Basil and Mint mainly. Im going to grow them some dill, lavender and lemon balm aswell this summer. What herbs do you give? Id love to try some other things too :wave:

I use a bag or plants worth or two daily- so that's around 70grams i would think- that's between 19 though- mixed in with, carrots, spring greens, etc

Cheers. It doesn't last long then. I shared a bag with the bunnies and chinchillas and it last about 3 nights.

I wonder why my female bunny hates basil and parsley. One sniff and she legs it. :lol:

Mine did this with mint at first, I think they were offended by the strong smell :lol:
Try leaving some lying around her and I bet she'll have a nibble eventually ;)

Oooh good, I know some people feed it as a treat so I was worried that that might mean they were not good to feed alot of. Mine seem to be doing well on herbs and a few other things though :D

They have Parsley, Coriander, Basil and Mint mainly. Im going to grow them some dill, lavender and lemon balm aswell this summer. What herbs do you give? Id love to try some other things too :wave:

They get flat leaf parsley, mint, corri, dill, basil and lemon balm.
Yummy yummy yummy!

Mine did this with mint at first, I think they were offended by the strong smell :lol:
Try leaving some lying around her and I bet she'll have a nibble eventually ;)

I should have, instead I used it for cooking. Sunshine loves parsley. I haven't tried coriander or mint yet.

How much fresh parsley do you give ?

I should have, instead I used it for cooking. Sunshine loves parsley. I haven't tried coriander or mint yet.

How much fresh parsley do you give ?

Parsley is a very firm favourite of all of mine, they go nuts for it! Sometimes over winter its the only herb I can get fresh so Id say they get it every couple of days really :shock: Just realised that that sounds quite alot, might have to cut down on the Parsley :lol:

Back