• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Some of my favourite pics of my lovely ratties

Liz47

Wise Old Thumper
I love my rats so much, they are so friendly and loving :love: I was just looking at some of my favourite pics of them :love:

A couple of days after they got here, they were so tame straight away:

Treasure

image-6.jpg

image-9.jpg

gertspics134.jpg

Honey

image-7.jpg

image-8.jpg

This used to be their favourite thing, they outgrew this house but I've still got it, I couldn't throw it away!

gertspics136.jpg

image-18.jpg

As they grew up Honey lost her honey coloured patches and Treasure went from black to grey

image-20.jpg

newratpicsetc072.jpg

Honeyonblanket.jpg

Treasureonthetree-1-1.gif

newpetpicsandothers065-1.gif

morenewpics199.jpg

petchristmaspics035.jpg

ratpic5.jpg

ratpic11.jpg

And a video:

Sorry for the pic overload!

i really dont understand why some people dont like rats!? i think theyre amazing animals ive had 5 in my life, all a joy to have had, yours are so cute :) x

Thankyou everyone :D

Gorgeous ratties! :love: How old were they when you got them? They look very small. How old are they now?

I was shocked when I saw how tiny they were, I can't quite remember how old I was told they were when I got them but I do think I may have been misled :? Will go have a look at my calendar now, they will be one in June.

They are very sweet. It's interesting that they have changed colour as well as got bigger as they grew up.

I got them on the 9th August last year when I was told they were 8 weeks old, so in the first few pics they were 8 weeks old. They will be one on 14th June this year. They are still quite small, I asked on FR as was concerned about their size but they said some rats can be small and mine looked and sounded perfectly healthy so nothing to worry about :)

They definitely weren't 8 weeks in the pics, and I'm surprised people on FR said that as I'm on there. Anyway, they've grown into 2 beauties :love: The reason they've changed colour is because they're roans. They mostly always fade out as they get older. Such pretty things :love::love::love:

They definitely weren't 8 weeks in the pics, and I'm surprised people on FR said that as I'm on there.

I was thinking the same, I'd say maybe 4-5 weeks at the most in the first few photos. They're almost like wee mice and very cute.:D

I was thinking the same, I'd say maybe 4-5 weeks at the most in the first few photos. They're almost like wee mice and very cute.:D

:shock: They could've been that young! How old are they supposed to be taken away from their mother?

They are my little darlings :love: :love:

:shock: They could've been that young! How old are they supposed to be taken away from their mother?

They are my little darlings :love: :love:

I think it's 8 weeks for a girl rat and slightly less for a boy. I made the same mistake and brought home two baby rats that were eating solids but I later found out they were too young to be away from mum. Mine were 4 weeks I think and about the same size as yours but one died of an inner ear infection.

I think it's 8 weeks for a girl rat and slightly less for a boy. I made the same mistake and brought home two baby rats that were eating solids but I later found out they were too young to be away from mum. Mine were 4 weeks I think and about the same size as yours but one died of an inner ear infection.

I'm so sorry to hear of your rat :(

Oh my gosh, I guess this may partly be why they are so attatched to me, they never leave me alone and follow me around during free range time. I was meant to collect them at the end of August but got a phone call to say I could collect them earlier, there was a lot of rats there but I could only take two so maybe the people wanted rid of them sooner :(

Back