• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Make Mine Chocolate! Get's Published

The Duchess

Wise Old Thumper
Thought I'd start a thread to add updates re publicity. When we get some coverage I'll add a picture or link here.

If you see an article about the campaign or maybe somewhere that we get mentioned, or a poster being displayed, we'd love to share. So please post any info you can! It'll be nice to know that we are actually reaching people via the media.

So for starters, we've just received our copy of PBW News (Pet Business Weekly) that is a pet trade magazine and we're pleased to report that the magazine has published our article. We are very happy about this because not only will it encourage some retailers that haven't already signed up to the Amnesty to consider doing so, but it shows a measure of support by the magazine; hopefully they realise that we are not the enemy but simply want a better deal for the rabbits.

PBWnews.jpg

Has the MMC campaign got a template of a press release for people to send in to their local papers?

I have contacted all the newspaper supplements and waiting to hear back. Helen if you would like access to my media database, I can give you the username and password. It's Gorkana, one of the best.

I have contacted all the newspaper supplements and waiting to hear back. Helen if you would like access to my media database, I can give you the username and password. It's Gorkana, one of the best.

That's a fantastic offer - thank you.

I'll message you later today if I may :)

In fact, if you don't mind forwarding the details to info@makeminechocolate.org.uk when you have a moment - it will go straight to Lisa and she will send some more releases out asap!

Thank you once again - the more people we can get to the better.

Last edited:
I have been wondering if MMC has thought about getting a sponsor? I can just see a "Make Mine Chocolate" Logo popping up during the Lindt golden chocolate bunny advert - very apt!

I have been wondering if MMC has thought about getting a sponsor? I can just see a "Make Mine Chocolate" Logo popping up during the Lindt golden chocolate bunny advert - very apt!

I've also been thinking that! make mine chocolate could use the lindt bunny on all their posters and lindt could have the mmc logo at the end of their ads :)

We have two sponsors this year. Burns and Lucky's Chocolates. http://www.makeminechocolate.org.uk/the-campaign/easter-amnesty/2011-easter-amnesty/our-sponsors

Hopefully having two great names will help us to secure more support in the future, where we've not managed to get the big guns of chocolate making on board thus far.

Oh that's great that you have some sponsors.

The big guns of chocolate are probably hard to get aren't they - we need a contact. Not sure where Lindt are or how they shape up in the animal cruelty world which would need considering wouldn't it.

Oh that's great that you have some sponsors.

The big guns of chocolate are probably hard to get aren't they - we need a contact. Not sure where Lindt are or how they shape up in the animal cruelty world which would need considering wouldn't it.

We've spoken to Lindt and others on many occasions about sponsorship.

Hopefully following on from this years Easter Amnesty we will have more 'pull' in the future.

We've spoken to Lindt and others on many occasions about sponsorship.

Hopefully following on from this years Easter Amnesty we will have more 'pull' in the future.

Tell them that everyone on this forum promises to buy at least one lindt bunny if they support MMC....!! :p

Tell them that everyone on this forum promises to buy at least one lindt bunny if they support MMC....!! :p

Wouldn't it be wonderful if some big companies would really back the MMC campaign.

Such high profile coverage could and would do wonders for rabbit welfare.

This is the sort of clout needed to reach more and more people.

Oh let's hope that things are starting to move up a notch. 'Bout time.

We can make a difference! :D:D:D

Back