• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Daffodil Cottage finished at last!

bunsterfied

Alpha Buck
At last! Peter and Lola seem very happy exploring their new house.

DaffodilCottage.jpg

They are only allowed on the verrandah when I am out, and I put a net over it.
Smudge trying to hide behind the flowerpot
SmudgeadmiresPeter.jpg

Lolatriesoutthedoor.jpg

Nommingagain.jpg

Ontheverrandah.jpg

And the bunny calling card left on the doorstep!
Lolaleavesacallingcard.jpg

Still lots of "decorating" etc to do but on the whole very happy with it all.
Found 2 holes in the old hutch!
Need to paint the run with the same colour finish.

that's lovely! Have you got a photo of the whole set up? (I presume the tunnel takes them to a run?)

It's lovely! :)

What is at the other end of the runaround tunnels?!

ETA: :lol::lol: everyone posting at the same time asking the same question :lol:

Viewfrombedroomwindow.jpg

Taken last summer. Have lots more "furniture " in there now.
I've since removed the board with cut out shapes as they never seemed to go into it. (this run is sold as a chicken run, it is identcal to their rabbit runs but £10 less!!!! And you get a board that goes under that end section. I used this to mend the gnawed section of the old hutch!!)

This project ran way beyond my budget , but it is fully lined, insulated and most importantly chew proof!! Peter keeps looking thoughtfully at the walls!!
I'm just sad I wouldn't have the space to offer any more buns such a large amount of housing.

It's really brilliant - I am VERY jealous :).

Its very similar to what I'd like to do for my boys if I ever manage to get my own place! (one day, I WILL win the Premium Bonds. Yes. Yes I will... ... :lol:)

That is brilliant I'm very impressed and I have shown my O/H the run as we need a lot of rabbit runs and Mike said he would make some and that's how I'd like them. Your whole set up is great, well done :love:

That is brilliant I'm very impressed and I have shown my O/H the run as we need a lot of rabbit runs and Mike said he would make some and that's how I'd like them. Your whole set up is great, well done :love:

Thank you. I am so pleased that this project has gone right, at the end of a very difficult 6 months for me. I am hoping to go on respite soon (disabled OH), probably just for a week-end, but won't worry so much about the buns being looked after as it will be easy for the person. I love it that they have choices about where to go and when!!

Back