• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What to put in rabbit cage????

minirextyler

Young Bun
i know this soinds silly, but im trying to find the best thing to put in my rabbits cage, sawdust is making to much mess, anyy ideas please???

Megazorb is really good, you will find a lot of members on here use it. If you give your bunny a cat litter tray and litter train him/her then you could use megazorb or newspaper and hay in the litter tray, then a towel or fleece for the rest of the cage. I have used old towels in my hutches for some time with the litter trained buns. I just pop them on a hot wash and it makes cleaning out so much easier and far less messy.

Megazorb is really good, you will find a lot of members on here use it. If you give your bunny a cat litter tray and litter train him/her then you could use megazorb or newspaper and hay in the litter tray, then a towel or fleece for the rest of the cage. I have used old towels in my hutches for some time with the litter trained buns. I just pop them on a hot wash and it makes cleaning out so much easier and far less messy.

my bunnyis litter trained is just all the sawdust getting out of the cage on the floor so i have put a blanket in there at the moment is that okay? x

my bunnyis litter trained is just all the sawdust getting out of the cage on the floor so i have put a blanket in there at the moment is that okay? x

I'm sure a more experienced bunny owner will be along soon, but as far as I know towels/fleeces are fine. I know some people on here just use newspaper and hay in their litter trays. Maybe you could do that. Your bun wouldn't be able to kick out the bits then.

Vet bed is lovely and sot and obviously it doesn't track arund the house! It does seem to have a magnetic attraction for bunnies to pee on it though.

Back