• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Pets At Home Insurance

XMissySJx

Wise Old Thumper
I didnt realise they did insurance! Just put my buns on it, £5.44 a month! I havent put them on lifetime, just the normal cover.

I went in to get something the other day and saw the leaflet so asked about it but the guy said he didnt know much as it was all very new so i really dont think its been out that long but thats a fab monthly price! How much was it for lifelong do you know?:)

I went in to get something the other day and saw the leaflet so asked about it but the guy said he didnt know much as it was all very new so i really dont think its been out that long but thats a fab monthly price! How much was it for lifelong do you know?:)

erm £6.50 a month if its more than one bun as i get 10% off

yeah i heard they had started doing it, do you know the ins and outs of it, like can they be covered for life, what the cover entitles etc?

yeah i heard they had started doing it, do you know the ins and outs of it, like can they be covered for life, what the cover entitles etc?

Its all on the website :wave:

They do cover dentals up to £150, I know Jelly wouldnt be covered for that though as she has had one 14 months ago. Although their pre existing conditions says this:

"
Pre-existing conditions
An illness or injury that first showed clinical
signs prior to or within 10 days of your rabbit’s
cover starting, or;
• an illness or injury that is the same as,
or has the same diagnosis or clinical
signs as an illness or injury that first
showed clinical signs prior to or within 10
days of your rabbit’s cover starting. or;
• an illness or injury that is caused by,
relates to or results from a clinical sign that
was first noticed, or an illness or injury that
first showed clinical signs prior to or within
10 days of your rabbit’s cover starting"

so maybe she would i dont know. Im taking it she wouldnt be just in case!

ETA it says no pre existing dental conditions so she wouldnt be. :wave:

Peanuts was £55, but in his second year it went up for £60.

The excess is a bit higher but for me its worth potentially paying £10 more when theres a problem, and £16 a month for three, than £55 and £36 a month.
:lol:

Peanuts was £55, but in his second year it went up for £60.

The excess is a bit higher but for me its worth potentially paying £10 more when theres a problem, and £16 a month for three, than £55 and £36 a month.
:lol:

yeah i expect mabels to go up next year now they will learn shes a dental bun

mmm seems a bit steep. What does every one else get, the normal?

I got the normal one because the way I see it is, you think your pet has a condition, they try to find it out, and hopefully fix it. Most of the money is spend finding out what the problem is and thats unlikely to take over a policy year.

If it does, its probably just long term treatment so wont be too expensive. I just got the normal one because I think thats best suited for us, and £75 excess seems too high really! x

Well the price is good so i think i will purchase the normal one when i get another bun, might as well wait a month or 2 and get another 10% off!

Unfortunately the cover isn't as extensive as the petplan cover. Personally I'd rather pay the extra few quid for a smaller excess and greater cover.
I guess if you have more rabbits it makes sense to try and keep costs down though, we only have the one x

Fantastic price. Sadly of mine who are insured 4 of them now have pre-existing conditions so it wouldn't be worth swapping.:roll:

Back