• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Can I see pics of your buns in carriers?

nessar

Warren Veteran
Do you have any pictures of your bun pairs/trios etc in carriers, so I can get an idea of the space? Flopping pictures would be particularly helpful.

I know this might seem like an odd request but I just received my carrier and now I think its too small for Barney (4kg) and his new friend (probably a lionhead). Its fine if hes sitting or in 'slipper' mode, but once I've padded it out with a blanket when he flops he takes up nearly all the space (just now I was mean and shut him in for a few mins till he flopped).

So I'm in a bit of a pickle as I now need a new one by Tuesday morning, and as luck would have it I rang The Hay Experts 15 mins after their courier left, meaning if I ordered the bigger size it wont get here till Tuesday afternoon. Plus I'll have to send the old one back and its hassle and postage will probably be a fair bit. It should be fine if they dont flop, or if they dont mind flopping leaning on each other, but its a good 5 hour trip and theyll have only just met. And I want to be able to use it for future 5 hour trips too...

Anyways enough rambling - buns in carrier pic please!! And if by some miracle someone has a roughly 4kg and 2kg pair please let me know what carrier you have.

This is all I have really sorry :oops:

_IGP2342-vi.jpg

Is your bunny a frenchie or large dwarf lop ?
If so i can take some pics of Harry in all my cariers ? :)

Is harry bonded? Its ones of pairs in particular that I want but any is good. He himself fits in fine, I'm just not sure if he'll take up all the room if he flops with another bun in there... I dont actually know what he is, hes a pure breed of some sort but he doesnt quite 'fit' any breed since he's lost weight to be 3.7kg. Not a lop though.

<-------- you can see him in the photo

Last edited:
we have a carrier but since getting locksley and then mabel, have never used it, i put them both on harness for safety, then cuddle them in car on way to vets, then they get spoilt at vets by nurses :lol:, they are soo well behaved buns

Is harry bonded? Its ones of pairs in particular that I want but any is good. He himself fits in fine, I'm just not sure if he'll take up all the room if he flops with another bun in there... I dont actually know what he is, hes a pure breed of some sort but he doesnt quite 'fit' any breed since he's lost weight to be 3.7kg. Not a lop though.

<-------- you can see him in the photo

ahh ok well I will take a photo of my dutch and lop in the carriers then :) brb :lol:

Mischa is TINY :shock: are lionheads that size too?

I think where I spend so much time with Barney I've become immune to his largeness. I hope hes not too much larger than a lionhead...

Do you think so? :lol: I guess I'm used to him. He feels big and heavy when he's sitting on my tummy in the early morning :lol:

Mischa and Mini are very similar in size and weigh about 1.8kg, Smudge is bigger and weighs 2kg. Nutmeg is the smallest and weighs 1.3kg cos I think she's half lionhead, half nethie. When Mischa stretches right out (or should I say up) to get a pellet he's the length of my lower leg.

Do you think so? :lol: I guess I'm used to him. He feels big and heavy when he's sitting on my tummy in the early morning :lol:

Mischa and Mini are very similar in size and weigh about 1.8kg, Smudge is bigger and weighs 2kg. Nutmeg is the smallest and weighs 1.3kg cos I think she's half lionhead, half nethie. When Mischa stretches right out (or should I say up) to get a pellet he's the length of my lower leg.

ahh thats not that small then, Barney's about two foot when he periscopes. What I really need is to borrow a lionhead from somewhere and try it out, which would be fine if they were dogs or soemthing, but for animals that need company rabbits are so antisocial :lol:

This is gonna sound weird but could you by any chance measure Smudge for me? Like how wide he is and how long when sitting and if you can creep up on him how long when stretched out.

ahh thats not that small then, Barney's about two foot when he periscopes. What I really need is to borrow a lionhead from somewhere and try it out, which would be fine if they were dogs or soemthing, but for animals that need company rabbits are so antisocial :lol:

This is gonna sound weird but could you by any chance measure Smudge for me? Like how wide he is and how long when sitting and if you can creep up on him how long when stretched out.

:lol: I'll give it a go!!

oooh 6kg, same as the combined weight of mine is likely to be (havent chosen a specific bun yet) what size carrier is that? Do you think they mind being all squished up against each other?

They don't seem to mind. I'll measure it in a sec. :)

Nessar!

Sorry about the delay but I now have Smudge's vital statistics!

At full flop he is 21 inches long. At a normal sit he is 11 inches long and about 7 inches wide.

Nessar!

Sorry about the delay but I now have Smudge's vital statistics!

At full flop he is 21 inches long. At a normal sit he is 11 inches long and about 7 inches wide.

Thanks Shuette! I will do some measuring tomorrow to see if I need to get a bigger one.

When I saw the vet he actually reccommended I not take Barney to the rescue with me, as stress can cause snuffles flare ups. So I have a little lady downstairs who travelled back in the old small carrier by herself and gosh is she tiny! She still has some growing to do though I think, so I will use Smudge's measurements to make sure I can use the carrier when she is all growed up :D and to have an idea of how big she'll get.

It'll be a week or two till they'll go in it together anyway so I need to get measuring if I need to send it back, thank you, and thank Smudge for me for being a model :wave:

Smudge says he is happy to model. :D

I'm just amazed he is almost double the length at full flop!!

Back