• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What I have i done wrong ?

CharlotteMc

Mama Doe
Why is maisey scared of me ?
I have had her for almost 3 weeks now the first two weeks she was great i could sit with her and she would just flop on me and she loved a cuddle.
I could even let her free range and she would come stright to me when i sat down.
Then i went away to paris for 5 days and my mum looked after all the bunnies.
I let her free range the night i got back and she just wasnt the same. i spent 1 hour trying to cath her and she woulnt let me any where near her and wouldnt even let me stroke her like she usually loves.
Then today i put her out in the run and went for a cuddle and the same again she grunted at me and then paniked and ran away from me. I couldnt even get anywhere near her.
The only thing I can thing of is that my neighbours dog had scared to her to death while she was free ranging but surley she woulnt be scared of me for it.

Why is she doing this ?
What can i do to gain her trust again ?
Thanks
charlotte x

Just give her time. You had to go away before she'd fully settled in so it's confused her. She should relax again soon enough when she's used to you being back :)

sounds like shes got a taste of freedom! How old is she, is she spayed, my tilda is being grunty and buzzing at the mo, she is due for a spay to! all my rabbits are on edge atm! its spring fever! they've all got it ha x

sounds like shes got a taste of freedom! How old is she, is she spayed, my tilda is being grunty and buzzing at the mo, she is due for a spay to! all my rabbits are on edge atm! its spring fever! they've all got it ha x

she is less then a year old :)

I'm sure she'll come round in time. :wave: My Spenser sometimes goes in the huff if I go out for an evening. :roll: He's never cuddly, but if he's in the huff he will retreat to the most inaccessible part of the hutch and scowl at me. :roll:

Some bunnies will get the hump when you go away especially if they are on their own. In time she'll be ok. :)

Back