• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

To all with indoor bunnies...

blackspots

Warren Scout
I am very jealous! My lot are in at the moment bonding, and I am mesmerised. I think that because they are outdoor buns I miss many behaviours. I have just seen Murphy flop for the very first time. He literally threw himself down with a real thud, and lay with a "heaven" look on his face. I'm chuckling away. Normally if one of my buns is flopped out by the time I get close enough to take a pic they have got up and come running for a treat.

Once they settle they get naughty though, and when bunnys are naughty they can cause PLENTY of damage :lol:

I have this exact problem! Hence why they are moving outside in a couple of weeks! :lol:

I couldn't put mine outside, I cope with the destruction :oops:
I LOVE waking up to their little faces waiting for a treat, and having them jump on the sofa with me and binky around me... Wouldn't be the same if they were out :love:

Love having the buns indoors, you see so much. However there are times when I could put them outside:lol: Mainly after the wii wires, telephone wire were ruined:lol::lol: We now have them higher up on a unit so they can't be reached.

I am getting 2 more buns this year but will have to be outdoors. I'm doing the wendyhouse/shed thing but will be sad that I won't see them all the time. Mind you i'll be bringing them in alot. No matter what OH says:D

Mine aren't destructive any more, not even Nutmeg :shock: They've just turned lazy :lol:

I have had outdoor bunnies all my life, Olly and Honey are my first housebuns :love: I absolutely love having them inside :love:

I have the best of both worlds, I have 2 indoors and 4 out doors. the indoors have the kitchen and dining room, I forgot what its like to have dinner at the table.
The outdoor buns have a 8 x 10 shed and with upstairs and downstairs living areas and runs. They take it in turns to free range in the garden. I will not be able to sit on the grass this summer as its covered in bunny poop.

So, the moral of the story is... It doesnt matter if you have indoor or out door buns, they take over because you want them to have every extra inch of space that you can give them so that they have the best life possible.

I have 2 outdoor and now 2 indoor, 1 in the kitchen /diner and hopefully after trying bonding again I will have 2 in the kitchen but for the time till I bond them the new little lad is living in the living room, he's the funniest bun I have ever had, watching him tonight playing with our west highland terrier was so funny, the dog just bounced around with him and bun has no fear at all of him, went to the kitchen to get a drink came back and both of them were lying together on the sofa, it's moments like that when you need a camera at hand, I think new bun thinks he's a dog anyway as he follows me around like one. My one outdoor bun will butt the dog's legs if he doesn't pay attention too him and say hello if he's in the garden at the same time, I am lucky to have such a daft dog who loves buns as much as we do.

:wave: mine have always been house buns.....i couldnt have them outside at previous 3 addresses as theyd have been set alight or tortured to death when i was hav:wave:ing a shower.....those dear little "children" in those places:roll::censored:

i fully admit i couldnt cope with outdoor bunnies.......so now im hooked on house buns...not all of mine have been destructive or dirty. i have lino in the lounge..old marley tiled kitchen floor...and tiled hallway.:lol:

I enjoy having mine in when the weather is bad. Saves trying to clean out their hutch in the rain and snow. I get constantly moaned at by OH for the mess of hay being dragged through the house :(. 3 kids and 3 buns, what does he expect.:lol:

I love watching them in the garden though, they race around at unimaginable speeds, flop out under the trampoline to cool down, have a nibble of grass and get under my feet as I hang out the washing. I love being outside in the summer. It's like having indoor buns but they can eat grass or sit on the picnic rug begging for the pepper from my sandwich!!

It's brilliant having them inside :love: I love it when I get up in the morning and Louie is asleep in the bathroom :D

I love it when he comes and nudges my feet and races me the fridge everytime I go in there :D

Ooooh I love everything about having a houserabbit. Well, apart from any chewed wires but that is MY fault for letting him get to them! :oops:

Back