• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Nerves of steel - the big bond UPDATE pics #8

blackspots

Warren Scout
Well the big bond has begun.
Prepared the area using neutral lino offcut and scrubbed play pen sections really well. HUGE pile of hay littered with carrot gratings and some pellets. 2 water bottles.
Bunny History
Dom and Dandy f/m bonded pair, Oscar and Murphy m/m bonded pair, Shadow, Cinnamon and Sherbert m/f/m bonded trio. All have smelt each other before as they take it in turns to free range in the garden.
My Prediction
Sherby, Dandy and Dom will fight for head bun, closely followed by Murphy. Oscar won't be able to make up his mind if he is a man or a mouse. Shadow and Cinnamon will sit back and gracefully accept bottom spots in the hierarchy.
The Action
Sherby and Cinnamon have allowed Dom to mount them a few times. Stomping from all, and somebun was grunting but can't work out who.
Dandy has done a few flying jumps but not actually at anybun in particular.
Dom and Murphy have squared up to each other but no more than that.
Dom has flopped out next to Oscar and Murphy, then moved over to Shad and lay by him.
Oscar is far too interested in munching free noms to be interested in the action.
Dandy is deciding whether to make trouble or friends.
All buns have been briefed that the sooner they are chums the sooner they get to move into The Lodge and live in luxury.

Last edited:
Good luck indeed! I was mega stressed bonding my two, and they're brother and sister :lol: I couldn't cope with the stress of 7!!! :wave:

Good luck indeed! I was mega stressed bonding my two, and they're brother and sister :lol: I couldn't cope with the stress of 7!!! :wave:

Thankyou :) I was very very nervous for the first 5 mins but I'm OK now.

There has just been a mad grand prix style race round the pen, all except Shadow joined in running in different directions then jumping and running the other way.

I'm getting some pics that I will upload later.

First 5 minutes:
DSC03479.jpg

All change:
DSC03481.jpg

I'm a bunny, get me out of here (Dandy):
DSC03483.jpg

Go on, give me a kiss (Dom and Shadow):
DSC03489.jpg
Sherby and Cinnamon do sulking:
DSC03488.jpg

The stand off (Murphy and Cinnamon):
DSC03497.jpg

Is this meant to be fun? (Dandy)
DSC03494.jpg

Getting the hang of it (Dom and Sherby):
DSC03496.jpg

wow! :shock:

but looking so far so good considering how many there are.. how great will it be to have them all together!

good luck and lots of positive vibes. :D

Sat here wondering what to have for tea. Really fancy pizza. I wonder if Dominos do room service if I explain I cannot leave the guest room because I am bonding bunnies?!

Arr!! It's all looking good, you are really brave I have to say to attempt it but it will be worth it in the end i'm sure - for you and for them, lucky bins getting to live in 'the lodge' sounds very grand! :D

Sat here wondering what to have for tea. Really fancy pizza. I wonder if Dominos do room service if I explain I cannot leave the guest room because I am bonding bunnies?!

:lol: Just to be sure to use the word bunnies not 'bonding rabbits' or the driver might start backing off down the path thinking you're running some sort of 'parlour' lol :lol::lol::lol:

Arr!! It's all looking good, you are really brave I have to say to attempt it but it will be worth it in the end i'm sure - for you and for them, lucky bins getting to live in 'the lodge' sounds very grand! :D

I am feeling far too relaxed I keep touching wood because they are all just sat watching me type.
Keep looking at pictures of The Lodge to remind myself how fab it will be if this bond works:
DSC03473.jpg

:lol: Just to be sure to use the word bunnies not 'bonding rabbits' or the driver might start backing off down the path thinking you're running some sort of 'parlour' lol :lol::lol::lol:

:lol:
I have figured out how to get pizza up here without having a stranger in my house. I will tie bedding together to create a hoist and pull the pizza box up to the open window.
I wonder if I should ask whether they can provide fenugreek crunchies?!

:lol:
I have figured out how to get pizza up here without having a stranger in my house. I will tie bedding together to create a hoist and pull the pizza box up to the open window.
I wonder if I should ask whether they can provide fenugreek crunchies?!

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Can any bunny whisperers tell me how this is going by reading bunny behaviour?

No more humping. All buns have flopped at various times. Every now and then they all have a mad run/jump round but no fur pulling, no biting. The odd grump from Oscar and the odd stomp from Murphy or Sherby. Plenty of hay munching, lots of poos.
An etb(estimated time of bond) would be great, I am soooo impatient :lol:

Back