• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Starfish, Floppy and Millie Bonding I HAVE A TRIO and THEY ARE IN THE GARDEN PICS P55

Alibunmum

Wise Old Thumper
I decided last night that it was time to start bonding the 3 buns. Starfish has been so quiet that I felt maybe some rabbit company was what she needed and as I have had her for a week now that she should be able to cope.

I have converted our porch into a bonding pen. It has a stair gate on it to stop the wee one escaping out of the front door and is a nice compact size whilst I can get into i easily to help out if needed.

I started at around 10am and there was the usual sniffing and checking each other out.

Bonding1.JPG

Bonding2.JPG

Next came some chasing and mounting and very soon it became apparent that Floppy was going to keep his top bun status. He was mounting Starfish who was just staying still and allowing it. If Millie tried, Floppy stamped at her and chased her off. Any time she thinks he isn't looking she pops over to have a go at Starfish. Floppy then chases Millie away from Starfish and stares at her until she gives in!

About half an hour in, Floppy lay down beside Starfish :love:

Bonding3.JPG

and then started grooming her!:love::love:

Bonding4.JPG

Millie meanwhile was staying out of the way!

Bonding5.JPG

Next there was some more chasing and then Floppy and Millie lay down for a nap.:love:

Bonding7.JPG

Floppy is again grooming Starfish and all three have bee eating and drinking. My current feeling is that the girls will need to get to know each other and settle together but Floppy is happy to keep the peace at the moment!

Last edited:
Still quiet. I have seen a wee bit of chasing but hardly anything really! They all had a good munch of the dandelions and grass I popped in to them and all have been nibbling the hay! I am so happy!! I know it is not yet a done deal but the fact there has been no locked on fighting or biting means it's looking good, doesn't it???

Keeping everything crossed for you :D How are they now?
This is a learning thread for me as I'm going to be bonding my three in the next week or so, so keep them pics coming :D :wave:

I have just scatter fed some pellets and put in more hay. They are now all quietly munching. Millie is still intent on chasing Starfish but Floppy steps in and steers her away. He then gives Starfish a reassuring groom. :love:

I was lucky to watch my first bonding with someone experienced so I know it can get a bit upsetting to watch but that in the long run it is so much better for them. This bonding, so far, hasnt had very much chasing and mounting and only one tuft of hair has gone flying.

I'll see how it goes through the evening when they all spring to life!!

Starfish is stuffing her face with hay, five strands at a time! :lol: she also sniffed out and ate the pellets when I scattered them. I knew she'd been eating since she arrived because the food was gone in the morning but I had never seen her eat anything other than dandelions or greens!!!

It is like a wee light has gone on inside her and she has brightened up. Even when the other two are dozing she is sniffing and exploring whereas she used to just stay where I put her. I think this is being really good for her!!:love:

Last edited:
Starfish is stuffing her face with hay, five strands at a time! :lol: she also sniffed out and ate the pellets when I scattered them. I knew she'd been eating since she arrived because the food was gone in the morning but I had never seen her eat anything other than dandelions or greens!!!

It is like a wee light has gone on inside her and she has brightened up. Even when the other two are dozing she is sniffing and exploring whereas she used to just stay where I put her. I think this is being really good for her!!:love:

Awww:love:

12 hours in and all is quiet! They all had their own piles of hay at one point which was very funny as they all chewed at 100mph!

SDC10833.JPG

Some off these photos are blurry, the kids took them! Next it was time for an afternoon snooze and they all got comfy and settled down.

SDC10816.JPG

SDC10826.JPG

SDC10818.JPG

Some more chasing...

SDC10808.JPG

and then.... Starfish's first witnessed full out flop with her feet stretched out behind her!

SDC10837.JPG

Yippeeeee, I am so glad I have started this and that the company has transformed Starfish's quality of life. Don't think there will be any bloodshed during the night. :D

Last edited:
It has been a silent night! Starfish is now trying to get close to Floppy to groom him and she is so cute. She moves slowly towards him, has a wee go at his ear and then bolts when he moves to see what is going on. :lol::lol::lol:

I have just scattered some pellets into their pen and noticed two positive things.

1) Millie and Starfish were eating side by side without Millie chasing Starfish! :D

2) Starfish tucked straight into the food and has been munching ever since. I have never seen her eat her pellets straight away until she was in with the other buns.

Great to see these pics and read the updates as I needed cheering up
thanks for your e mail..mind has been elsewhere for last 24 hours, but do appreciate the news xx

That's great news. It's amazing how single buns can change with some bunny company. I know Furby started nomming much more once he was with Faye and George was a much happier bunny after marrying Gemma.

I know there are some circumstances where it isn't possible but generally I think buns really appreciate company of their own species.

Bunny love is amazing:love:

Back