• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Is this bad?

Rabbitfantothemax

Warren Scout
My female bunny cant stop nesting and she also taking her brothers fur?:censored: Also she is flicking wee all over the hutch and near me:? is it just her or should I do anything I dont want to make her angry?
Please help...

I would get her spayed ASAP, poor thing is probably very hormonal and sounds like a possible phantom pregnancy to me if she is nest building.
If left unspayed this behaviour is very likely to continue and possibly get worse or turn to aggression, and potentially you might have to break your bond as unspayed females can turn into a complete nightmare at any point in their live.
Of course some don't but I don't like to take that risk, also spaying her will greatly reduce the risk of Uterine cancer, which a massive percentage of unspayed bunnies will get by the age of 5 :(

I didn't mean the above to come across as a rant or anything but just something to take into consideration :)

I agree - my girl Poppy was a nightmare till she was spayed - she would lunge at me growling and take out big chunks of my flesh - BOTH of us were much happier when her op calmed her down!

Back