• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Woke up to find..

emmiiee

Warren Veteran
Matilda's baby had got through/over, all the barracades to keep it in the nest, was was hopping round the pen with mum!

Matilda was stressed at first, but after reasuring her it was okay, she seems fine with it, she is still very protective and keeps a veryy close eye on the baby.

I don't know what time it got out this morning, but seems to stay put in the nest at night!

When will it no longer need the nest? I am dying to clean it out, it stinks!!!

:lol::lol: something tells me this little bun is going to be a bit of a handful!!!

:lol::lol::love:

The little rascal! :lol:

Well as its not in the nest at the moment couldnt you give it a clean and put fresh bedding in it? I dont know about rearing young buns but it seems to me that that would be ok as baby has got out of his own accord. Maybe the smell drove him out :shock:;)

If it's out and about then you could lift a bit of bedding from very top of the nest off - which should be pretty clean, and then empty out and replace all the bedding underneath. That way it will still smell a bit like the nest but not stinky.

Returning to the nest to rest and coming out in the morning/evening to feed is natural baby bun behaviour - he's probably started nibbling on solids too right? It's amazing how fast they develop!

If it's out and about then you could lift a bit of bedding from very top of the nest off - which should be pretty clean, and then empty out and replace all the bedding underneath. That way it will still smell a bit like the nest but not stinky.

Returning to the nest to rest and coming out in the morning/evening to feed is natural baby bun behaviour - he's probably started nibbling on solids too right? It's amazing how fast they develop!

oo oki may do that tomorrow! the nest is falling apart lol its got about 3 enterance and exits ha!

and yh nibbling on abit of hay and nuggets!

ha its currently bouncing around my room, exploring!! god they can't have shift when they want to!!

nest step litter training aha!!

Back