• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Makes me sad

MichG

Mama Doe
I love working at PACT, I really do (although I am leaving to become and auxillary vet nurse next month) but it really does break my heart to be working with the bunnies and no one wants them :( I only work with the few that live indoors at the moment (new outdoors runs are being built but with the Horseford lot it could take a while!) and all the "nice and easy" ones have been reserved/rehomed and it is the few "troublesome" ones left, such as the grumpy/aggressive and the angora x's. It breaks my heart because the 3 single females that are left in there are the biggest sweethearts and they aren't getting home because 2 are angora x's and no one wants to deal with grooming and the other is a REW lop :cry: I hate going home and leaving them at the end of the day. I really wish I could take them all but I have already given 4 a home (REW Angora x, Grey and white dental bunny, the 4 week old I was temproarily fostering and a really aggressive girl) I can't fit any more now!

But it really breaks my heart to see so many gorgeous unwanted buns :cry:

I have emailed SOAD about it over a week ago but had no reply as yet, guessing she is busy :(

The good thing is that as long as they are fed and watered and have some space to run around, they dont know that no one wants them.

I know what you mean though, we haev just bought a house with a bigger garden, we move in about a month. We did it so that we can have more buns so as soon as we have moved in and built the shelters and runs we will be able to take more.

The worst part is that even though we will take as many as we can, more and more of them are coming into the world that will soon fill the spaces. Thats what makes me so sad.

Good luck in your new role. xx

Back