• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How much harder...

funnybunnyabc

Warren Veteran
Is it to bond a male to a male than it is to bond a male to a female? :)
TIAxx

ETA-Just realized this is in the wrong section, sorry mods :oops:

Last edited:
The general rule is that male and female bonds are the easisest to do. Two males can be tricky as in the wild they would fight to the death. However, depending on the males personalities it can work at well. Many people on here have two males together, or large groups of both sexes.

I'm in the middle of bonding my four buns, two males and two females. In the past my Darcy would not accept Frasier. This time I started bonding in a much smaller area and now Darcy has totally accepted the other male. Just waiting on the girls to bond now. :)

Okay, thanks guys :)
I was just asking 'cos I saw a little buck in p@h adoption bit who was really agitated and hormonal, and I want to adopt him, neuter him and bond him with Sox. But he was really hyperactive and nervy, and Sox is very laid back, I don't think they'd bond well :( *sigh* x

It can work but you have to consider what you would do if it didnt work out. Do you have the space and money to have two separate pairs of bunnies if it came to it?

If he was from a proper rescue you could give him back and try another of their bunnies, and whilst you can do this with P@H I wouldnt want to as they dont homecheck or give good advice so he would have an uncertain future.

I know the feeling, I go through this every time I go into P@H.

eta- but even if you got a female they could still not bond remember.

Last edited:
It can work but you have to consider what you would do if it didnt work out. Do you have the space and money to have two separate pairs of bunnies if it came to it?

If he was from a proper rescue you could give him back and try another of their bunnies, and whilst you can do this with P@H I wouldnt want to as they dont homecheck or give good advice so he would have an uncertain future.

I know the feeling, I go through this every time I go into P@H.

eta- but even if you got a female they could still not bond remember.

I know I should go to proper rescue, that's honestly what I want to do! But a rescue won't rehome a bun to a 16 year old and my dad thinks all rescue buns are 'faulty'(I know its awful,, but there's not much I can do as I'm 'just the child' and dad thinks he's right, and doesn't like to be argued with) I don't know why he sees P@H as any different though, he's just being stubborn. :roll:

I know I should go to proper rescue, that's honestly what I want to do! But a rescue won't rehome a bun to a 16 year old and my dad thinks all rescue buns are 'faulty'(I know its awful,, but there's not much I can do as I'm 'just the child' and dad thinks he's right, and doesn't like to be argued with) I don't know why he sees P@H as any different though, he's just being stubborn. :roll:

is he happy with rehoming from the adoption section of P@H? Because they wont rehome to you either without an adult present.

P@H adoption section buns are often in MORE need of a good home than those in rescues as they have no security of a good future. But they do come with more risks, such as you dont know their health or dental history and you cant really give them back.

My bun is from the adoption section of P@H although he never actually went in it as I know the manager. I am lucky in the fact that he has well-aligned teeth but he has still needed a dental, he has scarring on his lungs, snuffles and we've been at the vets more often than I can count in the 6 months I've had him, often twice a week. But although hes made my life loads more complicated and I'm much poorer I made the right decision, because if I hadnt adopted him he could be stuck in small hutch with someone that wouldnt even notice the subtle signs he is ill, or if they did wouldnt pay to get it sorted. That said I am going down the rescue route this time, its just so much safer.

But be aware that they put their old stock in the rehoming section once they start to become hormonal or too old to look like a cute baby. Watch out for 'I fought with my sisters/brothers/friends', 'I need to live alone', 'No body wanted to buy me', 'I need a special home' etc especially when they are the same breed as the normal 'stock'. Yes, they need a new home as much as the next bun, but I wouldnt want to support that practice.

P.S. I know what parents are like when they dont 'get' the animal thing, luckily I dont live with mine but ever since my bunny got ill my Dad's been saying 'It's broken, why spend the money, sell it or put it out of its misery, just get a new one.'

Last edited:
Back