• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Buttons has been spayed...UD shes fine!

nursecroft

Wise Old Thumper
....just need nom nom and poo vibes... (following thread 'sisters rabbits')

I've decided she'd be less stressed back here in the quiet so have set them up with two dog crates and a little heater with a thermostat so can keep the temp constant. Shes done two very small poo's and had critical care and picked at some food at the vets but is quiet now and not eating at the mo. I have some critical care here so will give her some if she doesnt start eating again soon. Got baytril and metacam which i'll start tomorrow... think i should set up my own rabbit hospital :lol:

Will put pics up in abit of my hospital bay :D:lol:

Last edited:
Hope she starts picking at her food again soon! It always seems to be basil that gets mine eating again.:lol::lol:

Nomming and poo vibes. Went through this last week, was in a complete panic. After 3 days all was back to normal. Try not to worry.

She's only eaten a few strands of grass, so last night i gave her abit of critical care which she really does not like, have fed small amounts of it twice over night, shes had some this morning with her metacam and baytril... why did i get involved?! Didnt think id have to do this again :roll: Ive hardly slept which is like most nights anyway with naughty baby wriggling, am soooo tired :(

There are a few small poo's in her cage but only about 5.

Please can we have nomming vibes :(

Nomming vibes heading her way.... have you tried giving her anything like Parsley or her fav food? Or a Fenugreek Crunchie? They are supposed to be appetite stimulants

Nip outside and pick some dandelions. They'll probably do the trick!

Buttons, Mum has enough to worry about. Get eating!

Spays do take longer to recover from but that doesn't stop you worrying. :? Sending loads of eating vibes through to her.... Hope you get more sleep tonight...

Parsley was the first thing Molly would eat - and only if hand fed!! I had to syringe feed her for quite a while and really started to think she would never eat for herself but she did. I guess they feel sore and confused and eating is a bit too difficult. It must take a while for the anaesthetic to leave the system too. I know on the few occasions I've had one I've not fancied eating for ages afterwards.

Sending lots and lots of nomming vibes to Buttons xxx

Has she Nommed and Pooed yet, come on little girly bun, stop making us worry.

BTW, you know you did the right thing getting involved, even if it doesnt feel like it right now. Hope your sleeping :love:

Oh dear, nomming vibes your way.
I feel your pain as Pie reacted terribly after her spay (but that was becuase she had underlying gut problems)

The first thing any of my buns have wanted after a GA is herbs or grass, never anything chunky for some reason. sending vibes x

Back