PDA

View Full Version : Buttons has been spayed...UD shes fine!

nursecroft
14-04-2011, 09:16 PM
....just need nom nom and poo vibes... (following thread 'sisters rabbits')

I've decided she'd be less stressed back here in the quiet so have set them up with two dog crates and a little heater with a thermostat so can keep the temp constant. Shes done two very small poo's and had critical care and picked at some food at the vets but is quiet now and not eating at the mo. I have some critical care here so will give her some if she doesnt start eating again soon. Got baytril and metacam which i'll start tomorrow... think i should set up my own rabbit hospital :lol:

Will put pics up in abit of my hospital bay :D:lol:

susie bun
14-04-2011, 09:18 PM
Lots of nomming and pooping vibes for her. :wave:

Alibunmum
14-04-2011, 09:21 PM
Hope she starts picking at her food again soon! It always seems to be basil that gets mine eating again.:lol::lol:

Barn Yard Bunnies
14-04-2011, 09:24 PM
Nomming and poo vibes. Went through this last week, was in a complete panic. After 3 days all was back to normal. Try not to worry.

nursecroft
15-04-2011, 08:16 AM
She's only eaten a few strands of grass, so last night i gave her abit of critical care which she really does not like, have fed small amounts of it twice over night, shes had some this morning with her metacam and baytril... why did i get involved?! Didnt think id have to do this again :roll: Ive hardly slept which is like most nights anyway with naughty baby wriggling, am soooo tired :(

There are a few small poo's in her cage but only about 5.

Please can we have nomming vibes :(

MichG
15-04-2011, 08:19 AM
Nomming vibes heading her way.... have you tried giving her anything like Parsley or her fav food? Or a Fenugreek Crunchie? They are supposed to be appetite stimulants

The Duchess
15-04-2011, 08:33 AM
Oh come on Buttons, try a bit harder for mumsy.

chloemurray
15-04-2011, 08:55 AM
Get nomming Buttons!:)

Alibunmum
15-04-2011, 09:02 AM
Nip outside and pick some dandelions. They'll probably do the trick!

Buttons, Mum has enough to worry about. Get eating!

Tinsel
15-04-2011, 09:30 AM
Spays do take longer to recover from but that doesn't stop you worrying. :? Sending loads of eating vibes through to her.... Hope you get more sleep tonight...

Rhianna
15-04-2011, 09:41 AM
Parsley was the first thing Molly would eat - and only if hand fed!! I had to syringe feed her for quite a while and really started to think she would never eat for herself but she did. I guess they feel sore and confused and eating is a bit too difficult. It must take a while for the anaesthetic to leave the system too. I know on the few occasions I've had one I've not fancied eating for ages afterwards.

Sending lots and lots of nomming vibes to Buttons xxx

susie bun
15-04-2011, 09:43 AM
Lots more nomming vibes for Buttons. xx

Bungle bunny
15-04-2011, 12:17 PM
Has she Nommed and Pooed yet, come on little girly bun, stop making us worry.

BTW, you know you did the right thing getting involved, even if it doesnt feel like it right now. Hope your sleeping :love:

Captain Helen
15-04-2011, 02:05 PM
Sending lots of nomming vibes for Buttons xx

Bebopy
15-04-2011, 02:08 PM
Sending tons and tons of nomming vibes to Buttons. xxxxx

Tuckerbunnies
15-04-2011, 02:12 PM
'Come on Buttons get nomming for your Mummy' xxx

Debster
15-04-2011, 02:50 PM
Hope Buttons is feeling better, lots of vibes xx

Shellypops
15-04-2011, 03:07 PM
Lots of vibes, i missed it the first time round

Pie
15-04-2011, 03:07 PM
Oh dear, nomming vibes your way.
I feel your pain as Pie reacted terribly after her spay (but that was becuase she had underlying gut problems)

XMissySJx
15-04-2011, 03:09 PM
The first thing any of my buns have wanted after a GA is herbs or grass, never anything chunky for some reason. sending vibes x

Jack's-Jane
15-04-2011, 03:26 PM
I hope that Buttons has started to eat now

Lots of vibes for her xx

nursecroft
15-04-2011, 05:25 PM
Well I've made an appointment to take her back at 6.10pm... she does seem quite bright, gave her some more critical care about an hour ago and ended up with a load in my hair :roll: dont ask!

Shes nibbled a couple of strands of hay and a few strands of grass.... she has done about 9 individual poo's (i counted them :oops: ) and done a few very little wee's. She's stood up on her backlegs and washed herself too... not sure if im being a little over cautious? I havent done this for a long time!!

She has timothy hay with dandelion, meadow hay, blackberry leaves, apple leaves, danelion, apple treat stick, piece of apple, few pellets and couple of carrot treats, piece of carrot and some grass... im watching her like a hawk... :oops:

Barn Yard Bunnies
15-04-2011, 05:26 PM
Fingers crossed. At least she is bright.

jpp
15-04-2011, 05:47 PM
Hope things go well at the vets. Keeping everything crossed.

nursecroft
15-04-2011, 05:54 PM
Typical, shes just eaten abit of grass and hay... done two more poos and a little wee, then given herself a thorough wash feet, ears the lot and stood on her hind legs.... :oops: ive cancelled the appointment as she has a checkup tomorrow anyway and dont want to stress her out on another car journey without good reason... seriously not doing this again, my nerves cant stand it! Shes not even my bunny :lol:

Zahirre
15-04-2011, 06:14 PM
I'm glad she's eating a pooping and weeing again!

Lots of nose rubs and vibes!!!!

xxx

nursecroft
16-04-2011, 01:05 PM
We have more poo's :) shes still not eating her pellets but has munched abit of grass so im not worried. She's ripped all the newspaper up in her cage and is really quite stroppy about it all now so think shes starting to feel better :lol: she has her check up this afternoon and then back to my parents they go, phew!

We're picking their new playhouse up monday, looking forward to helping with the project :) (might nick some of Helens ideas ;):lol: )

susie bun
16-04-2011, 01:12 PM
Sounds like she's definitely feeling a bit better! :lol:

Alibunmum
16-04-2011, 01:29 PM
I am so glad you've managed to avoid another vet trip. Hope the improvement continues and she doesn't get too grumpy while she is cooped up!

nursecroft
18-04-2011, 02:50 PM
Just an update, shes back home with mum and although a little quieter than normal is happily hopping round and eating, pooing again :) wound looks fab so looks like she will be fine :wave:

Barn Yard Bunnies
18-04-2011, 02:51 PM
Great news :wave:

susie bun
18-04-2011, 02:54 PM
Good to see the positive update. :wave: