• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Your bun's favourite hay?

What is your buns favourite hay?

• Farm/baled meadow

Votes: 14 31.1%
  • Bagged meadow

Votes: 8 17.8%
  • DFH Meadow

Votes: 4 8.9%
  • DFH Timothy

Votes: 1 2.2%
  • H4P Timothy and Rye

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • H4P Ings

Votes: 8 17.8%
  • Timothy

Votes: 13 28.9%
  • Oat or Oat Wheat and Barley

Votes: 11 24.4%
  • Orchard Grass

Votes: 5 11.1%
  • Alpine Meadow

• Barn dried grass (as found in Excel Forage)

Votes: 3 6.7%
  • Other. For herb hays choose the type of hay above.

• Total voters

nessar

Warren Veteran
Just thought it would be interesting to see what hays everyones buns prefer, to see if there is a generic favourite.

Wait for the poll :D I'll see if I can make it multiple choice for those of you with many buns that have differing tastes.

I havent included readigrass as it cant be fed freely. edit: same for alfalfa.

If your bunny prefers herby hays please choose the type of hay in that herb hay.

I will start us off with Oat hay :)

Last edited:
Timothy hay from Willow Warren though they all tuck in to their Burns green oat hay (treat hay) when they get it.

Mine eat any but orchard grass & readigrass goes quicker than any other.They get alot of meadow too.The readigrass smells lovely so use that when we have a viewing of the house!:lol:

Oscar loves the H4Ps Ings hay, but will eat pretty much anything except Burns Welsh Meadow hay, which he wouldn't touch :roll:

Mine used to love DFH meadow hay but since I started giving them Orchard Grass Hay they only go nuts over that so its replaced as their main hay. They eat so much more hay now. I did buy one of those hay sample packs to test out which one they would eat the most which I would recommend anyone to do to get the right hay for their buns. After all hay is the most important one to get them to eat the most of.:D

Mine go mad for barn dried meadow hay in the bags. Get it straight form the farm :love:

Oat hay! Mine get baled farm hay as a staple, when its cr@p I have to substitute and they just LOVE oat hay :D

Back