• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

fighting a lot!

sheridan

Warren Scout
hi guys,

Im a bit desperate so any help or comments would be very much appreciated.

It has now been 5 weeks since Gizmo was spayed and she and Ellie have been watching each other through the gates for a while.
So today I took a neutral place outside and cornered off an area and put the 2 together.....

within 10 seconds, Gizmo was trying to hump Ellie but falling off as Ellie wasnt happy. Then instantly they started fighting...thank god I had thick gloves on to seperate them....

I tried this once before when I first got Gizmo in November and had the same result.

Does this mean its unlikely the 2 of them will ever bond?

Thanks in advance

Is Ellie spayed? You may need to leave it a little longer until Gizmo's hormones have calmed down a bit more. With some bunnies it's not immediate, it wasn't with Smudge.

What Schuette said. It may be hormones still.

Pie and Obie fought - it was horrible, they wanted to kill each other :(
But now, after 2 months of being in the same room (but separated) I will be taking them to the rescue to be bonded this weekend.
Don't loose heart. I also though my 2 would never get on but they are very comfortable with each other now. Sometimes it just takes time. :wave:

yes i'd give it a bit longer for Gizmo's hormones to settle.

my two girls were terrible and i had failed re bonding attempts twice. i was at my wits end but was told to give both their hormones time to settle (i tried 6 and 8 weeks after speying)
i eventually gave it 14 weeks from the spays, really went for it with the bonding and it worked fine. :)

thanks guys, you have given me a bit of hope.
Ellie was spayed years ago and was initially bonded with her sister who sadl passed away in November.

I will try again in about 4-6 weeks and see / hope that it goes better than today...
All I can say is that the person on here who suggested wearing thick gloves a while back is a life saver!!

Could you maybe try asking a rescue to bond for a donation? If it looks like a toughie then they are likely to have come across it before and hopefully have a lot of experience.

I dont mind making the donation at all...

My only question would be would I have tomake lots of trips? Due to work I just dont have the time to do that....otherwise I would greatly appreciate their help..

You'd have to make one trip to take them there, and then another to pick them up. Whereabouts do you live?

Hmm, I'm not sure what/who is available up where you are. If you started a thread with something like 'looking for a bonder near Glasgow' then someone nearby might volunteer to do them for you.

:lol: Less of the old thanks.

Hopefully you'll get some sort of useful response. If not, then try posting in Rabbit Chat in a few days time :)

Back