• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Can I have some vibes for Sooty please - updated he's home

charl86

Alpha Buck
Sooty's really having a tough time at the minute:cry:
he stayed at the vets on Monday night as he had diarrhoea and stopped eating, he came home Tuesday as he was doing better and he's booked in to have his teeth burred right down tommorow as his roots are beginning to overgrow.
Since he's been home he's been quiet, his poops are better but not quite right, he's eating and drinking but just picking really and not eating as much as he should be so I called the vet and she said to bring him in again so they can monitor him overnight before his dental tomorrow. My poor baby he's feeling very sorry for himself.
I don't usually ask for vibes but can I have some for him to be back to his old self soon, he's such a sweetheart, I hate seeing him look so miserable. I feel so sorry for him :cry:

Last edited:
Thanks everyone, I'm really stressed at the min.

There was a bit of a change of plan and my vet called me to say that she was doing a dental today and she didn't think her equiptment was up to doing sooty's teeth down to the gumline tomorrow, so she referred my to another vets who is an exotics expert and said to take him there this afternoon instead of to her.

So I did, he gets a few referrals for complex dentals, so I assume he knows what he's doing but I really didn't like him he was so abrupt and pessimistic, I've bought sooty back home with me along with some critical care as there was nobody there overnight! He thought at first that this was sootys first dental so he just spouted off a load of **** about dentals that I already knew made me aware that they are expensive and will need doing again and again so it would be kinder to pts if I wasn't going to continue with them. I really felt like I was getting somwhere but he's just made me feel awful

Last edited:
Thanks
He's still quiet poor thing.
I just wish I didn't have to take him back to him for a dental tomorrow, I just don't feel comfortable with him

Honestly if you don't feel 100% confident with the vet I would cancel and tell your normal vet you want to rebook with her.

Any chance you could look for a speedy recommendation to see if someone else can recommend anyone else in your area? Or see if there is anyone on here who does use this guy and see if they say positive things?

It might be that he is a highly skilled surgeon, but that his customer care skills are lacking (we have a couple like this at our practice), so he could do an excellent job on Sooty's teeth, but it can be difficult if you don't get a good vibe from him.

It might be that he is a highly skilled surgeon, but that his customer care skills are lacking (we have a couple like this at our practice), so he could do an excellent job on Sooty's teeth, but it can be difficult if you don't get a good vibe from him.

I thought this myself, my vet seems to think he's good she said shes been consulting with him about sooty this week. The main thing that's concerning me is that when I was talking about taking his teeth right down to relieve pressure from the roots, he said he would take them as far as he was comfortable with and then said "it" would be on metacam for the rest of it's life, he just seemed quite dismissive and gave the impression like we wernt gunna achieve much.

I can see why you're not comfortable if he is calling Sooty an 'it' and acting in that manner.

Back