• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bun on wheels! Donations needed!

Lib_n_bunny

Wise Old Thumper
Measuring a bunny for one of these:
http://www.doggonwheels.co.uk/

Those who are friends with the Rabbit Residence on Facebook will have heard about Tiara:
217300_10150147238272686_677977685_6821095_7782232_n.jpg

She has always been a sickly bunny, she had horrendous ear abcesses, and Caroline thought these would kill her, but thanks to Tiara's spirit, and a new technique her vet uses whereby they put the medication directly into the abcess (I think that's right!) her abcesses healed! But now she is once again struggling, this time having lost the use of her legs. But she is such a happy bunny, Caroline really wants to help her, and yesterday posted this message on facebook:
my heart is aching today. the feeling of helplessness is overwhelming. as i see tiara enjoying the grass and so desperate to run free intelligent and alert, she is trapped by the fact her back legs have lost their use. if only we could afford a disabled rabbit cart for her i know the only other option is to put her tosleep
As you would expect, Caroline received many suggestions and offers of help, and as a result someone phoned around and found someone in the UK who can make Tiara a cart for £220. Obviously this is an expense Caroline can ill afford, so she is asking for donations. If anyone can spare any money at all towards this, you will be making one very special bunny very happy :love:
The paypal address is rabbit_residence@hotmail.com

Aww poor thing. I've donated but i do have to ask, how is her health otherwise? Will this really give her quality of life? I hope the cart will give her the freedom she needs and i hope people are generous so that we see it happen. x

Happy to help - but what is the reason behind her rear legs suddenly not working/ is it EC or spinal problems??

I shall donate but I'm a bit concerned about a bunny using such equipment...

I posted a video not too long ago of a bunny using one and her poor legs dragged on the floor and her bum was an awful mess due to the owner putting nappy-type pants on her.

It concerns me a bit. It's lovely that this lady wants to help her bunny but wheels don't really mimick the hopping movement of buns so I'd be worried about the buns spine and movement.

I hope it works though and my concerns are proved wrong... :)

She is otherwise in good health now, her abcesses were treated to such an extent that they seem to have completely healed, which I thought was rare with ear ones? Basically she was kept in awful conditions, fed a poor diet, given very VERY little space to move around, and Carolince suspects that these conditions have led to muscle wastage. Caroline cleans her rear end for her every day, so she is kept dry and the fur is perfectly healthy. She's such a happy, inquisitive bun, I really do think this will give her quality of life. Plus this will no doubt be an investment as future buns could use it too :D

Back