• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

So few replies on Rabbit Health any more. Why?

rabbitapril

Mama Doe
Is everyone afraid to say anything any more?
Where is eveyone that would give instant advice of thier experiences?:?
Or have those days gone now?
Maybe its because the weather is nice now and everyone is sending quality time with thier own buns.
I am off to google rabbit liver problems:wave:

Is everyone afraid to say anything any more?
Where is eveyone that would give instant advice of thier experiences?:?
Or have those days gone now?
Maybe its because the weather is nice now and everyone is sending quality time with thier own buns.
I am off to google rabbit liver problems:wave:

Ah liver problems.... I have experience of that...

*off to find your post*

And in answer to your question I think most people hang around here rather than the other sections, well I do! :)

Know what you mean- I posted asking for some advice on dentals but not had anything yet:(

Maybe I should be cheeky and bump again:D

This is going to sound awful, but I often don't post because many (not all, by a long shot) of the questions have been answered 1000 times over and it doesn't take a lot of effort for the OP to find out themselves (e.g. my bunny is being spayed, what do I do when she gets home; I'm going to start bonding my bunnies, how should I go about it; should I routinely worm my bunny etc). I sometimes start to reply to posts and then stop, because it seems unreasonable for me to make the effort to type out the info when the OP hasn't made the effort to look for themselves first :oops:

Or alternatively, if the question hasn't been asked many times over and is something complex, different, specific etc, I probably don't know the answer, in which case there's not a lot of point in guessing as that won't help either!

I haven't particularly noticed that there is a lack of replies. I've just had a quick browse in Health and the most recent posts all seem to have quite a few responses on. Sometimes they only need one response if the person answering knew the answer.

I've sometimes found that you ask a question or two to try and get more information to give a fuller answer and the OP doesn't bother to reply, that's really annoying.

Sometimes posts don't get a reply because the title is too vague and you don't read as you don't realise that there is a subject you are capable of giving advice on.

Or the only useful advice is to take the Rabbit to a Vet which is sometimes not what the OP wants to hear....................

This is going to sound awful, but I often don't post because many (not all, by a long shot) of the questions have been answered 1000 times over and it doesn't take a lot of effort for the OP to find out themselves (e.g. my bunny is being spayed, what do I do when she gets home; I'm going to start bonding my bunnies, how should I go about it; should I routinely worm my bunny etc). I sometimes start to reply to posts and then stop, because it seems unreasonable for me to make the effort to type out the info when the OP hasn't made the effort to look for themselves first :oops:

Or alternatively, if the question hasn't been asked many times over and is something complex, different, specific etc, I probably don't know the answer, in which case there's not a lot of point in guessing as that won't help either!

I feel this too. Often the answer is there if people search or I dont have anything to say that would help

I have found in the last week I get one or 2 expert answers and I think anyone else who reads the thread would know that. I always say thank you.

I personally feel I don't have enough knowledge to answer in the health section, but did last night for the first time for a new member but did say should wait for someone more experienced.

I feel the same as Santa, but also, right now I don't have the mental energy to reply more than I am.

Jacks jane.I do realise some people want free advice instead of taking bun to vet. But I feel folk giving their experience of problems is lacking compared to the amount of replies once given. Or maybe that is because I have a problem and want advice and I am noticing more.:oops:

Santa. I realise a lot of the same questions get asked over and over, but could these be new people who are not familiar with how to navigate the forum.
To be honest I am not sure how to look back and find any other members experiences of liver problems:oops:

Jacks jane.I do realise some people want free advice instead of taking bun to vet. But I feel folk giving their experience of problems is lacking compared to the amount of replies once given. Or maybe that is because I have a problem and want advice and I am noticing more.:oops:

Santa. I realise a lot of the same questions get asked over and over, but could these be new people who are not familiar with how to navigate the forum.
To be honest I am not sure how to look back and find any other members experiences of liver problems:oops:

http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/search.php

I only post in health when i know what i am talking about :)
Which would be EC, head tilt, abscesses, malocclusion, broken toes and deformed lady bits!!!

It you look at the actual threads not just the total replies, although some don't have hundreds of replies, the reason is often they have been answered in the first couple of posts. There are very few where the OP doesn't get a useful response and often that's because they haven't come back to answer requests for more info.

If someone's already posted the answer I might say I agree if it's the only reply, but I won't post if it's already been covered and agreed with a couple of times. A thread doesn't need hundreds of replies to do the job.

Not that I'm a great authority on bunnies but I often feel less and less like posting advice because it seems the advice giver just gets jumped on these days.

Last edited:
Used to answer loads, too busy with a newborn baby now! :wave: I do feel guilty about not having the time to help anymore tho :oops:

There are lots of posts by people who have been on the forum for many months who are posting questions which reguarly come up time after time, sadly some of the questions which get asked are people who are asking exactly the same question that they asked previously, sometimes even within the same week or within days of previously asking. This I find makes me less likely to respond as it does make me question if the person posting the question is actually bothering to read the answers and taking actions as a result of what has been posted.

In bonding and behaviour there are some days where there are one after another threads asking very similiar questions.

I also agree with what Santa, Jack's Jane and Tamsin have said.

I found something similar, when your worried you need an answer asap you cant function properly and cant seem to find answers from previous posts.
I was/am worried about winston and I asked for vibes as you know I got 5 responses then others on here get pages of wishes.
A thought to me is something very special and I always try and put a thought on an upset mummys page yet it seems some are more popular and even if some members dont like me its poorly lil bunny boy thats not well why take it out on them (after all he has done so much to help all rabbits in this country by telling his story).
I dont know about liver problems sorry, although the liver in humans regenerates itself so perhaps it does in rabbits.
hope all is ok

Back