• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hello, sad news and a nice surprise

fiona0529

Alpha Buck
Hi all,

I used to be on this forum as fifi0529 (can't seem to log in with that name anymore). I had two bunnies - Lily and Pip. As I posted on here a while ago both were unwell at the same time - Lily had a tumour and Pip had kidney failure. It was a terrible time but both seemed to be getting through their illnesses. Unfortunately, we lost Lily in November last year and Pip passed away a few weeks ago. I was devastated.

Well, I cam home from work yesterday to find
Jackday1.jpg

hopping about the living room. My husband decided to get him as a surprise. I have decided to call him Jack, he is just beautiful.

I am posting, as I have not had a young rabbit for a very long time and more importantly have never had a boy before so any advice would be much appreciated!

Fiona and Jack x

Isnt he handsome :love: Sorry to hear about your bad news, im sure the girls will be happy to know a new bun has a lovely home x

Thanks everyone, he is lovely. Very nervousbut he is beginning to explore his new home. He is eating hay and pellets, drinking and pooing so think he is settling in. I feel very nervous with him at the moment after everything that happened to Lily and Pip.

I understand your nerves but I am sure that you will be so bsotted with him very soon that you will forget your nerves.

he is truely beautiful. I had a little boy bunny from a baby, he was so loving but very naughty. :love:

He got a bit distructive when he was around 10 weeks old so we really learned what the term 'bunny proofing' means.

We have 4 male buns and they seem much more friendly than girly buns.

I have absolultely no doubt that if you need any specific advice, you are in the right place.

Angela

Thank you! I'm going to contact the vet to find out about neutering/vaccinations. How old should he be for that roughly? And when I last had a baby rabbit, it was normal not to feed veggies until the rabbit was about 6 months old. Is this still right? Feel a bit clueless at the moment! x

So sorry about Lily and Pip.

Jack is one very adorable bunny. Hope he brings the joy and happiness that you had with Lily and Pip. :wave:

Thank you! I'm going to contact the vet to find out about neutering/vaccinations. How old should he be for that roughly? And when I last had a baby rabbit, it was normal not to feed veggies until the rabbit was about 6 months old. Is this still right? Feel a bit clueless at the moment! x

I believe that you can feed buns small amounts of veg from around 3 months :wave:

Back