• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

blue cross adoption centre P@H???

jody

Alpha Buck
iv always wondered whenever i go into P@H if the poor bunnies in the blue cross adoption section get home checked? I do hope so!

Poor bunnies :(

No they don't.
In the better pets at homes, the staff talk to you for up to an hour before you adopt any animals but not in all of them

I adopted Cleo from their adoption centre and I have to say that the lady that I spoke to was very releaved that I seemed to know what I was talking about and to be honest, I genuinly believe that it is real bunny lovers that adopt un wanted, adult buns rather than buying the cute babies (although I have done that too)

She did talk to me for some time and I could see that she cared about what happened to the buns.

But, no, I dont suppose they have got any way of doing home checks.

I also think that the adoption centre is one of the most responsible aspects of the company, I know for a fact, that if I hadnt have spotted her there, just before Christmas, I would not have had an additional bun. I always make a bee line for this section every time I am passing.

Yes your right, it would take a responsible bunny lover to take on the older buns. And my god they have some lovely ones!
Just hope they all find homes quickly as its so small in there for them :(

:wave::wave:

Nope definately not!!:censored:

I lost a bun earlier in the year and a lady in our local pets at home used to board them for me.

Once I told her I had lost my bun she told me of a bun they had taken in which had been found in a garden.

My 2 were bonded (by bunnymadhouse - mine with one of her rescues) so I really wasnt sure about bonding at all as I had had them for about 4 years.

Lady told me this bunny was adorable and would make my Flopsy an ideal partner and so gullible me took her home. Yes she was adorable, with people, but not with another bun.

They didnt tell me, and stupidly I didnt ask:oops:, if she was spayed as I had already mentioned my bun was neutered so assumed and they didnt tell me any different that she wasnt speyed. I assumed they would have had her spayed:cry::oops:

Brought her home and she attacked poor Flopsy very viciously. Needless to say Flopsy went back outside to his hutch and I tried for over a week to get back in touch with person who adopted her to me.

After a week I eventually took her back and they asked me if I wanted a piggy to keep Flopsy company instead. I instantly said no!!:shock:

Needless to say she isnt boarding anymore, not sure if thats just mine or anyones but am not in the least bit bothered as I now have found Tuckerbunnies who will board them for me.:D

I now have Flora another bun (speyed) from the rspca, a neglect bun.

I am now refusing to go to pets at home for anything!!

Probably down to my not asking about the bun being speyed but also on their behalf to not advise me or mention that she wasnt.

Lesson very well learnt!!:shock::oops:

Last edited:
Nope definately not!!:censored:

I lost a bun earlier in the year and a lady in our local pets at home used to board them for me.

Once I told her I had lost my bun she told me of a bun they had taken in which had been found in a garden.

My 2 were bonded (by bunnymadhouse - mine with one of her rescues) so I really wasnt sure about bonding at all as I had had them for about 4 years.

Lady told me this bunny was adorable and would make my Flopsy an ideal partner and so gullible me took her home. Yes she was adorable, with people, but not with another bun.

They didnt tell me, and stupidly I didnt ask:oops:, if she was spayed as I had already mentioned my bun was neutered so assumed and they didnt tell me any different that she wasnt speyed. I assumed they would have had her spayed:cry::oops:

Brought her home and she attacked poor Flopsy very viciously. Needless to say Flopsy went back outside to his hutch and I tried for over a week to get back in touch with person who adopted her to me.

After a week I eventually took her back and they asked me if I wanted a piggy to keep Flopsy company instead. I instantly said no!!:shock:

Needless to say she isnt boarding anymore, not sure if thats just mine or anyones but am not in the least bit bothered as I now have found Tuckerbunnies who will board them for me.:D

I now have Flora another bun (speyed) from the rspca, a neglect bun.

I am now refusing to go to pets at home for anything!!

Probably down to my not asking about the bun being speyed but also on their behalf to not advise me or mention that she wasnt.

Lesson very well learnt!!:shock::oops:
awww thats awful! sorry for your bad exprience,and to be honest iv decided to never shop in P@H again an to use my local pet store,rather give them the buisness to be honest :):love:

Sadly, its not just responsible bunnies owners who want the adults. My experiences have been enough to tell me that.

Sadly, its not just responsible bunnies owners who want the adults. My experiences have been enough to tell me that.

WHy cant people just realise if you take on a pet then you have to devote yourself to it and its needs until the end of it's life! Thank god for people like us eh!

Back