• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

PetPlan...

Hotrod_2008

Alpha Buck
As alot of you know i am now working at Petplan.

I am trying to get them to work along side rabbit rescues, as we do work along side other rescues dogs trust, cat protection, blue cross (Rabbits too), RSPCA ect...

Please can i have your good and bad views, so i can try and help and make a difference for bunny owners like US!

Thank you :wave:

Hi. I know this a few months old but wanted to add our rescue is under there scheme and we offer 4 weeks free insurance for all animals adopted from us which includes rabbits :)

As far as I am aware from talking to them any rescue (even if a rabbit rescue) can do this and if someone activates there 4 weeks free insurance that rescue gets entered into the monthly prize draw and could win £500! Also if the people decide to continue the policy after 4 weeks, the rescue gets 10% each year they have the insurance of the policy :)

The only downfall I am seeing to this is not many people are wanting to go with petplan so dont activate it let it alone carry it on :(

My problem with Petplan is lack of cover for dentals.

This for me as well.
I didn't carry on Smoo's pet plan. She has been very ill recently and previously had an operation to remove a lump. I worked out how much money I would have saved if I had continued to be on pet plan. I did not include an excess of £50 for each of the two vet trips and I did not include most of the most recent vet bills as it was dental problems. So that's 23 months of having Smoo, so 22 months of insurance at let's say £10 a month, so £220. Her vet bill for removing the lump was £130 - £50 excess = £80. Then this vet visit I have no idea what would have been covered. The bill was massive as both rabbits had to stay overnight and she had a lot of medication, plus a dental. But it really wouldn't have saved me any money. I always feel safer putting away each month as I do because that way no matter what happens I have the money and I don't have to worry whether or not the insurance will cover it if it's dental related.

We got the free month from our vets after the first visit but then we didn't get a letter saying it had started until the free month had ended which seemed a bit pointless. We didn't have to visit the vets in the first month but we didn't even know we were covered as the letter welcoming us didn't come til the plan had ended. We didn't continue as we think we're better both putting a certain amount away each pay day in case anything happens. :thumb:

I personaly have my lot, dogs, rabbit cat insured with M&S as they have a better policy. Tbh I was glad as when my Kye got addisons disease it is costly and ran into the thousands alone.. Last year he was diangosed with lymphoma and after the biospys, treatment and then the chemo theropy and sadly he died days after chemo started.. That costs a heck of alot too! I would never of been able to save that kind of money incase needed..

When you activate the 4 weeks free insurance on petplan you should be given a number which you use to claim within those 4 weeks.

Might have a look at the m & s policy we were going to get some insurance but after looking on a different forum decided against it, we didn't get a number or anything but the receptionist at the vets wasn't sure what she was doing so I'm not sure what happened to be honest just got a letter the day after it had ended. Might have a little research into it all again though now his neuter is out of the way and we're looking at getting him bonded. :)

Back