• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Is this a young Kestrel?

Tuckerbunnies

Wise Old Thumper
We have had a lot of birds taken from our garden by this bird of prey and Mike took photo's of it today threw the window, Mike think's it's a kestrel.

Kestrel003.jpg

Kestrel007.jpg

Yes it is beautiful to look at but I hate what it does I know it's nature but I wish it would go find lunch in another garden :(

I have sent the photo's as Mike took a few to Tom Waters at the RSPB asking him what it is so hopefully I will know tomorrow :)

I'm not sure what it is but a sparrowhawk flew in to me once whilst chasing a little bird :shock:

Looks like a sparrowhawk to me!
We usually have one come to visit too :roll: Once it took a bird and ate it in the tree in the neighbours garden, all the feathers were all over our garden :(

She has also tried to get our aviary birds too! She once flew into the bars :shock: Luckily the birds had already hidden from her!

I'd say sparrowhawk too. There's one that comes in my garden occasionally and terrorises my budgies :shock:
Beautiful birds though.

Back