• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My sisters rabbits...

nursecroft

Wise Old Thumper
Mum and dad have adopted them (thank god!) I've fallen out several times with my sister over them.

They are a pair of 18 month lionheads she got from a backyard breeder :roll: even after i told her not to buy from someone like that. She got the buck neutered but never bothered to spay the doe as she didnt have enough money. I've found out they are well over due their vaccines a :? and they have been kept in a three tier four foot hutch since she had them as babies thats falling apart however to be far they've always had a big run and are out everyday since she moved back home with my parents thanks to mum.

Mum is getting dad to build bigger accommodation in the garden, I'm taking Buttons the doe to the vets tomorrow to be spayed. Poor Zippy has chunks of fur missing from his nose thanks to Buttons, although they never fight.

Rang the vets and the reception thought i was crazy when i insisted on taking both bunnies in as they are bonded and Buttons may need to stay overnight :roll: anyway will be looking after both bunnies for a couple of days as mum is not bunny savvy! (although im teaching her ;) ) So will have 6 bunnies for two days! :shock:

Crickey! What a nightmare!
Glad they will be vaccinated and stuff though.

And, umm....No pictures?? Yet!? :shock: :?

*hint, hint*
;)

You must be so relieved she's given them up! Its a flippin' nightmare when family members have rabbits they dont look after well and just refuse to take advice :roll:

Hope the spay goes well and will look forward to the pics!:D

Bet you must wonder how she could possibly be related to you? Your buns are famous so you would think that she would have learned from you.

Well done to your Mum and Dad for taking them. They have a bright future ahead of them now.

glad they are in better hands now, reminds me of one of our relatives, 2 doe lionheads together in a 3ft hutch, both unspeyed, no matter how much ive mentioned things, my sister and nan too, nothing sinks in

they get animals, then when they need vet treatment iuts oh i have no money etc, but they do have money when it comes to nights out with mates, and they go on about animal cruelty, yet don't see, that they are as bad

Back